Moving and nesting elements in responsive editor

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

Moving and nesting elements in responsive editor

Postby jeremiahb » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:31 am

I'm having a lot of trouble moving elements around inside the responsive editor.

The visual editor is unusable. The only way I have any control is by moving elements inside the outline panel, but even then it is extremely difficult.

For example, I have a "container-fluid" element that contains two "rows" that each contain some "col" elements.

I would like to nest all of these inside an element with the class "well well-lg".

There seems to be no way for me to drag the "container-fluid" element so it is inside the "well well-lg" element.

There also seems to be no way to create a parent element of the "container-fluid" and give this element the class "well well-lg".

This is quite frustrating, as this whole exercise would take me 1 second if I could actually edit the underlying HTML.

Any tips?
jeremiahb

Re: Moving and nesting elements in responsive editor

Postby jcompagner » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:46 pm

this will i think not work because the designer won't let you

the container-fluid (or container) can only be a direct child of a form. That is how it is currently defined in his spec file.

i guess we could add a generic div that can also be direct child of a form and can hold row and containers...
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Servoy NGClient