Font Awesome

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

Font Awesome

Postby Gordon McLean » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:35 pm

My understanding of the NG Client was as part of the standard install there is a set of font awesome icons. It appears that this is the case but its a limited set and does not include for instance

fa-handshake-o
fa-address-book-o
etc

Can I just confirm that to add these you apply a style to a label with fa fa-plus fa-lg for instance and you should get a large + which incidentally does work however fa fa-handshake-o fa-lg does not work.

Is this a case of adding an extra font awesome link into the index page for instance and not a Servoy issue ?

cheers
Gordon
Gordon McLean
Clickdigital.com
Gordon McLean

Re: Font Awesome

Postby patrick » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:59 pm

I think the font awesome that is directly available comes through the spinner component and that ships with font awesome 4.2.0. So all icons from that version should work, everything added after 4.2 (it's currently at 4.7) will not.
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby Gordon McLean » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:18 pm

Great thanks Patrick I will downgrade my expectations to 4.2 ;)
Gordon McLean
Clickdigital.com
Gordon McLean

Postby Andrei Costescu » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:01 pm

I think multiple (optional) component packages already import newer versions of font awsome, right?
At least I remember seeing that it was available multiple times with different versions when playing around with one solution.

You can also create an ng package that includes and declares (in the libraries version of one .spec file) a newer version.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby patrick » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Hey Andrei, customer gave up already, you complicate things! :lol:

Yes, for example the bootstrap extra components ship with font awesome 4.7. But as far as I know it will only get loaded if any of the components that load it are used somewhere in the solution. So I think to just make sure a certain js or css gets loaded, a service is more suitable than a component. So Gordon, you could create a simple service where you add the files you want to have loaded to the "libraries" property in its spec file. That should get loaded always as Servoy cannot detect if and where the service is used. You need to watch out for the "group" property then, see more here https://wiki.servoy.com/pages/viewpage. ... Id=1869552
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby rafig » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:20 pm

patrick wrote:for example the bootstrap extra components ship with font awesome 4.7. But as far as I know it will only get loaded if any of the components that load it are used somewhere in the solution.

Hi Patrick,
I have the latest version of the bootstrap extra components in my solution and have my main form with the progress bar & navbar components on it (& button groups elsewhere) and a 'sidenav' component that I am trying to use font awesome icons for menu items, but it is NOT displaying icons from 4.7 (I have tried fa-user-circle, fa-user-circle-o, fa-user-o & fa-id-card and they do not show). e.g.
Code: Select all
      {
         id: 'baseJob',
         text: 'Job Role',
         iconStyleClass: 'fa fa-user-o svy-sidenav-font-icon',
         data: { formName: 'baseJob' }
      },

Please can you tell me what the problem is?
Thanks
Rafi
Servoy Certified Developer
rafig

Postby rafig » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:52 pm

Hi all,
I have managed to resolve this (my fault).
I suddenly thought I should check the 'Servoy Log' on admin page and saw it saying it found an older version in a demo component & was using that, so I removed it and now it works.
HINT - check logs to see what is going on :wink:
Current log is saying that servoyextra has an older version than bootstrapextras, but it is using newer one...
same lib with lower version found: {"name":"font-awesome.css","mimetype":"text/css","version":"4.6.3","url":"servoyextra/fontawesome/lib/font-awesome.min.css","group":false} using lib: {"name":"font-awesome.css","mimetype":"text/css","version":"4.7.0","url":"bootstrapextracomponents/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css","group":false}
same lib with lower version found: {"name":"font-awesome.css","mimetype":"text/css","version":"4.6.3","url":"servoyextra/textfieldgroup/lib/font-awesome.min.css","group":false} using lib: {"name":"font-awesome.css","mimetype":"text/css","version":"4.7.0","url":"bootstrapextracomponents/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css","group":false}
rafig

Postby alex1544084874 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:46 am

Hello,

is it possible to use fontawesome pro as well?

Thanks
Alexander Tornoreanu
Software Developer
http://www.stb.nl
alex1544084874

Postby rafig » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Hi
getting errors again using all latest web component versions
same lib with lower version found: {"name":"font-awesome","mimetype":"text/css","version":"4.2.0","url":"servoydefault/spinner/css/font-awesome.css","group":false} using lib: {"name":"font-awesome","mimetype":"text/css","version":"5.7.2","url":"fontawesome/css/all.css","group":false}

and it seems to be causing some of my font awesome component icons not to display.
Can Servoy ensure that all web packages get updated to use newest version??
Thanks
Rafi
rafig

Postby mboegem » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Already made a case for this last weekend.
Target version is 2019.06, so still having to deal another 3 months with the outputs. :-(

https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-13537
Marc Boegem
Solutiative / JBS Group, Partner
• Servoy Certified Developer
• Servoy Valued Professional
• Freelance Developer

Partner of Tower - The most powerful Git client for Mac and Windows
mboegem

Postby rafig » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:09 pm

mboegem wrote:Already made a case for this last weekend.
Target version is 2019.06, so still having to deal another 3 months with the outputs. :-(

Thanks Marc.
Real shame it's not going to make it out in 2019.03 release :cry:

I think the frustration is that Servoy QA missed such a simple, obvious thing... As you said in your Case, it's just 'default Servoy'

[SIGH]
rafig

Postby rafig » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:31 pm

Following up on this, I had thought that the idea of having the web components in a different 'code base' / package would mean that you could just fix the components and then we could import the newer versions in to whatever version of Servoy we are using and it would fix this???
(Maybe this issue is actually in Servoy 2019.03 itself, not the components...)
Just a thought...
rafig

Return to Servoy NGClient