Style class names exposed in property styleClass

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

Style class names exposed in property styleClass

Postby huber » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:23 pm

In NG Client, I have (not complete) the following styles defined:

.svy-body {
}

.svy-body_list {
}

When I select the styleClass property, I get (contrary to the Smart Client), not only the svy-body_list style, but ALL styles exposed which are defined in the css file, i. e. it's not context aware any more. Is this expected behaviour or something that will change in a coming release?
I think it would be easier to just get the ones defined for the body part as in Smart Client, even if the complete name is shown, i. e. including the .svy-body part of the name.

Regards,
Robert Huber
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
http://www.seven-r.ch
huber

Re: Style class names exposed in property styleClass

Postby lvostinar » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:49 pm

huber wrote:In NG Client, I have (not complete) the following styles defined:

.svy-body {
}

.svy-body_list {
}

When I select the styleClass property, I get (contrary to the Smart Client), not only the svy-body_list style, but ALL styles exposed which are defined in the css file, i. e. it's not context aware any more. Is this expected behaviour or something that will change in a coming release?
I think it would be easier to just get the ones defined for the body part as in Smart Client, even if the complete name is shown, i. e. including the .svy-body part of the name.

Regards,

This is intended behavior, in Smart and Web Client we process the stylesheet and then we can have special syntax for header, body.. In NGClient, stylesheet is served as is to the browser,so we do not know anymore the context, you can just select any style as body style.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Re: Style class names exposed in property styleClass

Postby huber » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:26 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Laurin.

Regards,
Robert Huber
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
http://www.seven-r.ch
huber