Is the NavBar responsive?

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

Is the NavBar responsive?

Postby AlanBourke » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:36 pm

I'm trying to get a simple responsive BootstrapExtraComponents NavBar working. I have a form that just has:

container-fluid
row
col-md-12
navbar

It's ticked as 'collapse' in the properties, and the designer shows it collapsed with a 'hamburger' menu button when I switch to tablet or mobile view. However when I run it in Chrome (or Edge for that matter), enter developer mode and switch the emulation to a small screen size like iPad or iPhone, it doesn't collapse.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Servoy SAN Developer
AlanBourke

Re: Is the NavBar responsive?

Postby AlanBourke » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:43 am

I'll take that as a 'no' then.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Servoy SAN Developer
AlanBourke

Postby paronne » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi Alan,

the "collapsible" behavior depends on the number of pixels in width in the ViewPort. To be shown as collapsed there should be less than 768px in width, if the number of pixels in your emulator are greater than 768 you won't see the menu as collapsed.
Please note there is a known issue, which will be fixed in the next release of svyextracomponents, when the navbar is collapsed with sub-menu aligned to the right.

Regards,
Paolo
paronne

Postby AlanBourke » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Thanks.

Well, I've tried it on phone sizes in Chrome developer tools (i.e. where you can emulate the screen size of various devices) and on a physical Android phone which is 720px in portrait orientation, and it doesn't exhibit the typical Bootstrap collapse on either. So maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Servoy SAN Developer
AlanBourke

Postby paronne » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi, if you are using this tool from Chrome (see image below), indeed the problem is that the actual number of pixels is not reduced.
Check the image, despite i set a viewPort of 600 x 400 the pixel in width are greater than 900 px.

If you would like to emulate the size of a device on the browser you can use different tools. For example the Ripple extension for Chrome (see the second image below)

Chrome Dev Tools

Ripple
paronne

Postby AlanBourke » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:09 pm

Yeah that's looking better. Many thanks. :D
Servoy SAN Developer
AlanBourke

Return to Servoy NGClient