ngClient Conversions and Paging vs Scrolling

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

What are your Servoy upgrade plans?

Stay in the Smart or Web Client
31%
Convert to ngClient
46%
Build new in ngClient
23%
Upgrade! Whats that? I'm still using Servoy 3.5
No votes

Total votes : 13

ngClient Conversions and Paging vs Scrolling

Postby sbutler » Tue May 08, 2018 5:53 pm

I've done several conversions for a few clients from WebClient to ngClient. While most everything is an upgrade, the customers seem to always complain about the infinite scroll in table views. They want the paging at the bottom as they had in the WebClient, and is more common in web app table grids. One of the main complaints is that they could see that there were more rows than visible on the screen (because they could see the #2 in the paging below). So if the list shows 10, but there are 12 rows, you knew there were more and could click to look. Within the ajax scrolling in ngClient on table views, they can't tell without grabbing the scrollbar and seeing if more load, which is a pain.

So, the question is, are any other developers getting this kinds of feedback from their customers after conversions? I'm also not sure how many solutions are being converted from WebClient to ngClient vs being built from scratch in ngClient. I added a poll to get some feedback on that as well.

If you do feel the same about wanting the paging option back on table views, I have a ticket open since 2016 here that you can vote on to help Servoy prioritize it: https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-10221

PS. I'm aware I could rebuild the UI in a different web component that does the paging, but in large solutions, thats a lot of work. Makes convincing the customer to switch from Web to NG much more difficult.
Scott Butler
iTech Professionals, Inc.
SAN Partner

Servoy Consulting & Development
Servoy University- Training Videos
Servoy Components- Plugins, Beans, and Web Components
Servoy Guy- Tips & Resources
ServoyForge- Open Source Components
sbutler
Servoy Expert

Return to Servoy NGClient