Filtering feature in Servoy DataGrid

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

Filtering feature in Servoy DataGrid

Postby dev-ws-011 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi,

I am working on NG Client and creating UI which is utilizing Servoy NG-Grids -> DataGrid.

Foundset which is bound to DataGrid contains following fields of interest:
[*] Text field (for Title of product.)
[*] Text field (for description/detail of product)
[*] Number (for stock quantity available)
[*] Date (for date of last stock updated)
[*] Number (for Product Status. On datagrid, text is being displayed. The text displayed is based on valuelist bound to this column. E.g. 0 maps to Discontinued, 1 maps to Local, 2 maps to Imported, etc.)

I have successfully mapped these fields in DataGrid and it displays my data as required.

On datagrid, when i tried to use Filter on Product Status column using display values(As mentioned earlier, this column is using valuelist), it failed to filter data and all data was eliminated which reflects no data matched. However, when I tried to use Filter using real column values which are stored in column(not display values), it worked.

While the requirement is to provide user with functionality to use Filter based on display values not real values.

Note: I have tried changing FilterType to Number and Text for this column separately, but same result.

Any assistance in resolving above will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Servoy Developer
dev-ws-011

Re: Filtering feature in Servoy DataGrid

Postby Joas » Thu May 23, 2019 1:03 pm

So is your question how to get from realvalues to displayvalues?

You can use the function application.getValueListItems() for that. It will give you a dataSet with all the realvalues and corresponding displayvalues
Joas de Haan
Yield Software Development
Need help on your project? yieldsd.com
Joas
Site Admin

Re: Filtering feature in Servoy DataGrid

Postby dev-ws-011 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:27 pm

I want to use display values being used in filter feature of Servoy NG-Grid DataGrid for filtering of data in grid directly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Servoy Developer
dev-ws-011

Return to Servoy NGClient