Fullcalendar stylesheet question

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

Fullcalendar stylesheet question

Postby drookwood » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:11 am

I am trying to make changes to the styles used by fullcalendar and am puzzled as to where it is getting the fullcalendar.min.css sheet from. In my installation, in the fullcalendar component folder hierarchy there is a sheet at /fullcalendarcomponent/fullcalendar/lib/fullcalendar.2.6.1.min.css. The fullcalendar.spec file references this stylesheet too but if I edit fullcalendar.2.6.1.min.css it makes no difference to the styles used in Servoy.

With the solution running if I look at the source, the stylesheet loaded is fullcalendar.min.css and in Servoy developer it is also listed as fullcalendar.min.css, not fullcalendar.2.6.1.min.css. Are these in fact the same and it is just the references that change the name? If so, then why do changes to fullcalendar.2.6.1.min.css not make any difference when the solution runs? As you can see I am confused!

The work around I have at the moment is to add styles to one of my stylesheets that effectively override the bits that I want to change in fullcalendar.min.css but I'm hoping someone has an explanation and tidier solution!
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Re: Fullcalendar stylesheet question

Postby kwpsd » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi, David.

Just a suggestion...

We use the sideNav component and could not find the CSS style info for it in the Servoy wiki. However, we did find the style info on the GitHub wiki for the component and were able to override the default styling. You may wish to check out the GitHub wiki for the fullCalendar component.

I hope this helps.
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Postby swingman » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:55 am

Hi David,

The work around I have at the moment is to add styles to one of my stylesheets that effectively override the bits that I want to change in fullcalendar.min.css but I'm hoping someone has an explanation and tidier solution!

What you are doing is the tidy solution. As the calendar component gets updated, fullcalendar.2.6.1.min.css may be replaced and your custom css will be lost.
Adding the overrides to one of your own stylesheets avoids this.

Hope this helps,
Christian Batchelor
Certified Servoy Developer
Batchelor Associates Ltd, London, UK
http://www.batchelorassociates.co.uk

http://www.postgresql.org - The world's most advanced open source database.
swingman

Postby drookwood » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi Christian,

You are right of course - that makes perfect sense. I'll carry on down that route!
(Kim - thanks too for your input)
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Return to Servoy NGClient