NG Desktop Client is responding slow

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

NG Desktop Client is responding slow

Postby dev-ws-011 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:46 am

Hi All,

I am working on conversion from Smart Client to NG Desktop client. I have observed slowness in NG Desktop Client as compared to Smart Client. Same form is displayed quickly(no lagging/loading) in Smart Client but in NG Client it takes around 4 to 10 seconds (approx) and sometimes screen becomes unresponsive for long and then came back with records loaded.

For reference, form includes a simple list(nearly 70 records) from a db table or it contains tab panels where related records are loaded when record is selected in master form (Master Detail view).

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Servoy Developer
dev-ws-011

Re: NG Desktop Client is responding slow

Postby jcompagner » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:07 am

what kind of list? which component are you using there?

Problem is that for a ngclient, tabpanels and the old tableview and listviews are really heavy,

Tabpanels are something that need to be loaded after each other one at a time, and that is heavy, only use tabpanels for actual "tabpanels" not for structure (what i did see a lot in smart client solutions, a lot of nesting of tablesspanels)

Tableviews and listviews should be replaced by a component like nggrid or servoy-extra table. And the nice thing is also that that mostly also means you can remove the extra form indirection (so loose a tabpanel) because the table can be directly placed on the main form.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Re: NG Desktop Client is responding slow

Postby dev-ws-011 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:49 am

Its Table view for Smart client, we will upgrade this to aggrid.

Split pane bean was also used so we have upgraded to Split panel, so we need to create form for tab panels which were directly bound to split pane bean.

Regards
Servoy Developer
dev-ws-011

Return to Servoy NGClient