Switch View Modes in Dev Client?

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

Switch View Modes in Dev Client?

Postby john1598360627 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:20 am

So when launching NG Client in developer, but of course it will tick off any code that is 'isDeveloper'.

I'm curious, is there a way to see the 'customer' / non-Developer view? Like either launching it into non-developer view, or even being able to switch it DURING running the client.
john1598360627

Re: Switch View Modes in Dev Client?

Postby mboegem » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:42 pm

Instead of checking application.isInDeveloper() everywhere, you could set a global variable or create a function to do this.
Then when you don't want it to run the developer, you are able to simply override the value based on some condition.

Hope this helps
Marc Boegem
Solutiative / JBS Group, Partner
• Servoy Certified Developer
• Servoy Valued Professional
• Freelance Developer

Partner of Tower - The most powerful Git client for Mac and Windows
mboegem

Re: Switch View Modes in Dev Client?

Postby john1598360627 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:24 am

mboegem wrote:Instead of checking application.isInDeveloper() everywhere, you could set a global variable or create a function to do this.
Then when you don't want it to run the developer, you are able to simply override the value based on some condition.

Hope this helps

Hmmm inspired by this I thought of another way I could do it is by implementing a hidden sidenav. One where I can put developer related stuff into.

Basically like a debug menu: https://halcyonmobile.com/blog/mobile-app-development/android-app-development/what-could-a-debug-menu-contain/
john1598360627

Return to Servoy NGClient