NG2 Fontawesome

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

NG2 Fontawesome

Postby steve1376656734 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:28 pm

In the absence of a forum area for Servoy TiClient ( :wink: ) I thought I would post my question here!

We use FontAwesome Pro in our solution and have a custom web service that replaces the standard Servoy supplied one. Having looked at the Servoy repositories I can see that there is nothing in the FontAwesome package that is specific to NG2 so thought I would see if our package would work with the NG2 cient.

I created a new workspace and added a new project with the basic search, utils and navigation modules installed. I thne replaced the Fontawesome service with our own one and everything worked as expected for NG1. However, when I start an NG2 client it seems to have something that automatically uses the FontAwesome free package which you can see when inspecting the sources in the browser developer console:

fontawesome ng2.png

I then removed the FontAwesome package completely from the project and sure enough the NG2 client is still accessing the free package and able to show the basic icons. This shows that there is no dependency on the package installed by the package manager at all for the NG2 client.

Is there going to be a way to override this behaviour in NG2 as our solution depends upon the FontAwesome Pro package?

Thanks
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Return to Servoy NGClient