Incorrect Child Relation Warning (Titanium/NG2 Client)

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

Incorrect Child Relation Warning (Titanium/NG2 Client)

Postby bgnln99 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:13 pm

We recently upgraded one of our apps to the most recent version of Servoy, 2022.06.3782. The upgrade went well but I've encountered one bug while testing out on the latest that I can't seem to figure out or find much documentation on. The error occurs when filtering on a datagrid, where the column datasource is a defined relation instead of the in memory datasource defined for the form. The warning message is as follows:

"WARN com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - An incorrect child relation (trades_to_counterparties) was accessed through a foundset (or a record of foundset) with datasource 'view:'. The accessed relation actually has 'mem:trades' as primary datasource. It will resolve for legacy reasons but please fix it as it is error prone."

Would like to note that while this doesn't break any functionality, and we are still able to filter, it is quite slow due to the error messaging in the console logs. Any pointers on where to look for a solution are much appreciated!

Thanks,
Nolan
bgnln99

Re: Incorrect Child Relation Warning (Titanium/NG2 Client)

Postby Gabi Boros » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:09 pm

Hi Nolan,

- is the grid grouped when you're filtering?
- what kind of foundset is set as 'myFoundset' of the grid? is that a regular or related or view foundset? is that set as Form foundset or explicitly set on the component?
- what is the dataprovider of the column you're filtering? is that a value from a relation?

is it possible to have a sample where we can see that warning?

thanks,
Gabi
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros

Postby bgnln99 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:52 pm

Hi Gabi,

The error does occur on row grouping, when dragging column headers to the top. I guess I was using filtering in the wrong sense, but what we are trying to do is group (or filter) by a column that is defined by a relation instead of the form's defined foundset. We previously had no issue with this, but are now getting the warnings.

The foundset is defined as a regular, in memory database that is populated upon user login. We defined the foundset from the 'dataSource' attribute in properties panel of the form, not sure if that means it is explicitly set or just defined as the form foundset.

Attached three screenshots - one shows the form's defined properties, the second is the column specific properties that assign said column's dataSource to a relation instead of the form's foundset. The third shows the state of our datagrid when we get these warning messages.

Hope that helps, let me know if any additional clarification is needed!

Thanks,
Nolan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bgnln99

Postby gabi.boros » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:46 am

Hi Nolan,

I managed to reproduce the warning, and created a ticket for it (https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-17318) - so you can track when it will be fixed.
Beside having those warnings logged, the functionality should be not affected.

Regards,
Gabi
gabi.boros

Postby bgnln99 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:33 pm

Thank you for ticketing! I will keep posted. Wanted to also note that the warning does cause a serious performance degradation, with grouping taking upwards of 14 seconds instead of 1-2 seconds.

Thanks,
Nolan
bgnln99

Return to Servoy NGClient