NG Client is not Launching

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

NG Client is not Launching

Postby ashutoslenka4261 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:58 am

I have two Servoy developers . one running sample solution and all the databases . Another developer I am trying to replicate the sample solution.These are running in Different port ( Application server port) .These are NG (AngularJS) The Second Servoy developer is pointing to first Database . But NGclient of both the developer are not launching all the times .Sometimes it is lauching .But other time one is launching and another is not lauching . Sometimes both are launching . it is not reproducible . Please help me..
ashutoslenka4261

Re: NG Client is not Launching

Postby Joas » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:32 am

Did you install the database separately? Or do you use the included postgresql?
To me it sounds like both developer installations are trying to start their included postgresql and that only works for the first one you started.
Joas de Haan
Yield Software Development
Need help on your project? yieldsd.com
Joas
Site Admin

Postby ashutoslenka4261 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:04 pm

I am using included postgresql for the first developer . But for the second developer I have not installed any postgresql . It is pointing to the first developer database.
ashutoslenka4261

Postby steve1376656734 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:31 am

If I remember correctly, the included PostgreSQL only runs when developer is running. So, if you try to start Developer 2 when Developer 1 is not running then Developer2 will fail to start because the DB is unavailable.

In this type of scenario it would be preferable to have an external Postgres instance that both developers access.
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Return to Servoy NGClient