Is there a tool to help me convert my FMP files to Servoy?

Home for older / inactive topics

Is there a tool to help me convert my FMP files to Servoy?

Postby Jan Aleman » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:58 am

Many Servoy Partners and Developers offer Filemaker Pro conversion services to convert your solution to Servoy. Because of the difference in approach this will result in a rebuild in most cases.
Last edited by Jan Aleman on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

FileMaker Conversion

Postby gdurniak » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:57 pm

File Shoppe
gdurniak

FileMaker and Servoy

Postby Briggsy-is-back! » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:37 pm

I now write all my solutions in Servoy BUT I still use FileMaker during development.

I prefer to use MySQL as the database for Servoy. FM Pro 9.x connects fabulously with MySQL. I find it a lot easier to verify data and modify the database in FM Pro, you know getting rid of orphans (shame), changing dates, modifying keys, updating fields, etc.

Importing data from a FM database is even easier when you are already using FM for the front end to your MySQL database. Importing from excel etc. is also easy with FM Pro as you already know. One word of caution when importing data, you will have to update the auto-entry key fields in Servoy after import (not a big deal).

As far as the solution import - I have not found anything to import FM scripts. Remember converting FM6 to FM7. Servoy and FileMaker scripts behave somewhat different as Servoy is practically a true OOP interface and offers much more control over your solutions.

Good luck with your FM conversions.
Briggsy is Back!
Doug Briggs
Front End Solutions
-
Servoy Success Storey
SAAS Development
Briggsy-is-back!

Return to Archive