Printed manuals - highly recommended

Home for older / inactive topics

Printed manuals - highly recommended

Postby Westy » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:27 pm

The printed Servoy manuals are excellent. I highly recommend that all Servoy developers purchase a printed version of the manuals. They can be a big time saver.

It is important for us as developers to understand that the financial support provided by our purchasing the printed version of the manuals helps assure that all Servoy documentation continues to be updated and maintained in the future.

There are now over 1,800 pages of printed Servoy documentation available. A tremendous amount of time and effort has been put into the development and maintenance of this documentation.
Westy

Postby ApeWare » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:36 am

As an 8 year FileMaker vet I wanted to take a moment to pass along some kudos to the authors of "Servoy Advanced Programming Guide for FileMaker Developers". This book (as well as ALL of the others) have been invaluable in making the transition to Servoy. I have found that my experience in FileMaker has been a slight hinderance in making the transition and this book in particular has been a fantastic tool in teaching me to think in Servoy terms.

I have a way to go to being as comfortable in Servoy as I have been in FileMaker, but this book - and the others - are making the transition much easier.

Thanks for the excellent work in documentation!
ApeWare

Postby bcusick » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:27 pm

Guys,

THANK YOU very much for your kind words. The documentation is really a labor of love :D and we're trying to make it better and better as time goes on.

Cheers!
Bob Cusick
bcusick

Postby grahamg » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:34 pm

Just received the pack of five manuals as part of the Servoy Intro offer and it made me realise the incredible progress Servoy has made in last 15 months since Jan talked me into buying the two slim volumes then available.

Endorse comments above - the manuals are a great resource and I find they are a significant contribution to helping me up the Servoy learning curve.

Thanks again Servoyans

GrahamG
grahamg

Return to Archive