Transparency, check style background-color not as expected

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Transparency, check style background-color not as expected

Postby Robert Huber » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:30 am

Hi All

Setting checkbox form property transparent as well as CSS style property background-color: #...... for checkboxes (style check) does not work in Servoy 4.1.5. Can anyone confirm this, please? Does it work in Servoy 5?

It looks like in the attachment if background-ground is set to orange (foreground is green). Colors are just to show the differences. Setting form property to transparent displays a light grey, but should display the forms background color (which is a darker grey in this example).

Thank and regards, Robert

PS: It does not work for radio button styles, but radio button styles are not finished yet, as far as I understand (don't know about Servoy 5 state, though)

Mac OS X 10.6.2
Java build 1.6.0_17-b04-248-10M3025
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-01-11 at 09.13.05.png
Screen shot 2010-01-11 at 09.13.05.png (29.47 KiB) Viewed 7956 times
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Re: Transparency, check style background-color not as expected

Postby lvostinar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:12 pm

You have just a field and want to display the background of its form ? Or there is more ? What happens if you change the look and feel ?
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby patrick » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:21 pm

I think we have seen that, too. It's Mac only and I guess the form above is shown in a tab panel, right? The Mac uses different grey for each level of nested panes. If you set those components to transparent, you don't see the color of you (top) form, but the generic grey that the Mac uses for that level of panel.
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby Robert Huber » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi Laurian

There are 3 thins associated to the problem, I think:

1) It does not show the (correct) background, as Patrick says. Servoy doesn't generally show the correct background if the nesting is more than one level deep, as Patrick explained. This is a long standing problem and exists at least back to version 1.9 (that's the version I started with). It would be really very nice if this could solved, as nested forms just don't look right on the Mac.

2) The orange is the background set (by me to show the effect). But the orange color is only shown for the field part right of the text, but it should show for the whole field, i. e. including the light grey part as well. The checkbox field itself spans until the right edge of the orange part. So this part is displayed wrongly. By the way, to make the orange part appear, I have set the field to NOT transparent (just for this effect to show)

3) As Patrick says the default background grey of the checkbox (and radio) field is not the grey of the set background (the darker one) but I assume it is the grey of the panel that Mac uses

Attached the Screenshot for Windows XP. If the checkbox field is set to transparent, it shows corrrectly on Windows, i. e. the background gray (instead of the orange).

Best regards, Robert

lvostinar wrote:You have just a field and want to display the background of its form ? Or there is more ? What happens if you change the look and feel ?
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-01-11 at 12.17.01.png
Screen shot 2010-01-11 at 12.17.01.png (15.08 KiB) Viewed 7920 times
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Postby lvostinar » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:30 am

If this is about aqua look and feel (Mac), not sure what we can do. You can open a case ( if you didn't already) and we'll search for a fix.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby Robert Huber » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi Laurian

I did file a case with number 266638

Thanks for looking into it!

Best regards, Robert

lvostinar wrote:If this is about aqua look and feel (Mac), not sure what we can do. You can open a case ( if you didn't already) and we'll search for a fix.
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Postby amcgilly » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Setting checkbox form property transparent as well as CSS style property background-color: #...... for checkboxes (style check) does not work in Servoy 4.1.5. Can anyone confirm this, please? Does it work in Servoy 5?

This isn't working in 5.1.1 either - transparent radios and check boxes on mac aren't transparent, they're grey. It seems like this problem has been around for a long time, and Robert filed case 266638 in January - what's the word from Servoy on this? Can this be fixed or is it beyond your control?

Thanks.
Adrian McGilly
Servoy Developer

amcgilly

Postby lvostinar » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:27 am

This is a Mac Java bug. We filed an issue to Apple about this, cannot fix it on our part.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby joetraff » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:28 pm

patrick wrote:I think we have seen that, too. It's Mac only and I guess the form above is shown in a tab panel, right? The Mac uses different grey for each level of nested panes. If you set those components to transparent, you don't see the color of you (top) form, but the generic grey that the Mac uses for that level of panel.

Fully agree with you.
It's only MAC.
joetraff

Re: Transparency, check style background-color not as expect

Postby amcgilly » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:26 pm

Using Servoy 7, Java 7, on Mac and I still can't get a group of radio buttons to show up with a transparent background on a Mac. Servoy said they reported this as a Mac Java bug in April 2010. Hs nothing changed in all that time, or am I doing something wrong?
Adrian McGilly
Servoy Developer

amcgilly

Postby lvostinar » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:38 am

amcgilly wrote:Using Servoy 7, Java 7, on Mac and I still can't get a group of radio buttons to show up with a transparent background on a Mac. Servoy said they reported this as a Mac Java bug in April 2010. Hs nothing changed in all that time, or am I doing something wrong?

Is there a case in JIRA about this ? Maybe you can open one so we can investigate if anything has changed.
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby lvostinar » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:45 am

This issue showed up again, see https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-7 ... ment-36706 for a workaround (you have to use radio box/check box instead of radio group/check group).
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs