Data broadcasting issue

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Data broadcasting issue

Postby jcarlos » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:54 pm

I just noticed that after creating a record in a web client (thin client) solution, the data is not showing in the parallel (or same) smart client form.

When I perform a search on the web client for that new record, it shows. When I search in the smart client, it doesn’t. After restarting the smart client, then the record is there. It’s obvious then that the web client is actually committing the record in the database. I think that there is a problem with data broadcasting within Servoy.

A couple of things:

1) I am using Servoy version 5.1.2 -build 959
2) This happens only when creating a record within a form in a tables panel (related record)

Is this an issue with data broadcasting or there is something I should be doing that I am not?

JC
jcarlos

Re: Data broadcasting issue

Postby rgansevles » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:55 am

JC,

Please try Servoy 5.2, we have fixed a databroadcast issue in that release.

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Postby jcarlos » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Excellent.

One more question. I am experiencing a problem with table events 'afterRecordInsert()' and ‘afterRecordUpdate()’. When a record is created (or updated) from a form in a tabless panel (as related table), the events are not fired.

In other words, when I create or update a record from the table outside the tabless panel, the events/global methods are triggered and the data is inserted in the database as expected. But, when I do the same in the form within the tabless panel, the events/global methods are NOT triggered – or at least the data is not inserted in the database.

My question is: can this be related to the data broadcasting issue in Servoy 5.1.2?

BTW, to make sure that the table events are fired, I use the ‘afterRecord’ instead of the ‘onRecord’ events. I just wanted to make sure that Servoy uses the in memory data instead of using a query in the database. Don't know if this really matters.

Thanks, JC
jcarlos

Postby rgansevles » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:55 am

JC,

That is not related, the issue was that sometimes events were fired before the transaction was committed so that triggered clients could read old data.

Your issue is more related to when data is stored, not to when events are fired.

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Postby jcarlos » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:24 pm

rgansevles wrote:Your issue is more related to when data is stored, not to when events are fired.

Should I create a new topic? There is definitely an issue when creating or updating a record in a panel (as related table). The events are not fired or for some other reason the data is not stored in the database.
jcarlos

Postby rgansevles » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:03 am

JC,

Try and create a very small sample.
If you think there is a bug in Servoy, file a case with it.

If you change/create related data and call databaseManager.saveData() the records should save and the events should fire.

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Postby jcarlos » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 pm

I'll do!
jcarlos

Postby rieder » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:36 am

Hi

Since we updated from Servoy 5.2.13 to 5.2.16 I find the problem again, that afterRecordUpdate uses old values. In the form I call databaseManager.saveData(record). This triggers the event. But whatever is calculated by this, uses the old values. I checked in Servoy 7: Same issue.

Help is very welcome. We appreciate table events to guarantee correct behaviour all over the app.

Regards
Birgit
Birgit Rieder
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
http://www.seven-r.ch
rieder

Postby ROCLASI » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:40 am

Hi Birgit,

Have you filed this as an issue in the tracker? This very much sounds like a bug.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby rieder » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi Robert

No, I haven't so far. We just finished dubugging, and I hoped, someone could confirm the behaviour.

Thanks and best regards
Birgit
Birgit Rieder
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
http://www.seven-r.ch
rieder

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs