Field Alignment

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Field Alignment

Postby TG272 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:59 am

I apologize if this has been covered.

Noting that horizontalAlignment is an object property would also imply that verticalAlignment would be, too. But it isn't. Two questions surround this for me so far:

1) I am required to set a field length for text fields (at least I can't seem to figure out how to access memo-types as yet), so say I elect 500 characters.

2) By sizing the field on the form layout to something quite a bit bigger that this number of characters, I ALWAYS get a CENTER verticalAlignment.

I've also tried making the object field scrollable, but I only get a horizontal scroll bar.

And, yes, I haven't gone through the entire documentation available yet. But I still wanted to get a dialog going on this.

Oh, as long as I mentioned "Dialog" the syntax is displayed erroneously in the Flash tutorial versus what I've discovered in the CRM solution.

Cheers,
Bart Bartholomay

HAB Marketing
3725 8th Lane
Vero Beach, FL 32960
772-299-6352
http://www.habmarketing.com
bart@habmarketing.com
TG272

Postby maarten » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:29 am

Hi Bart,

Your welcome to post any questions/remarks about Servoy. We're always happy to have people investing time in our product. Thanks!

About Alignment.
Looking at the property "display type":
"Textfields" are single lined. So you can only align horizontally.
If you choose "textarea", you have a multiline area where you can align horizontally and vertically.

About Flash tutorials.
You're right, some of these tutorials were created with Servoy (beta)code.
They will be replaced soon with new ones.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Maarten Berkenbosch
maarten

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs