After Servoy 3 to 6 Upgrade OnDataChange shows Unresolved

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

After Servoy 3 to 6 Upgrade OnDataChange shows Unresolved

Postby gdurniak » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:30 am

We are in the process of upgrading from Servoy 3 to 6

On many forms, elements that had no action ( e.g. OnDataChange ) now show one in Servoy 6, and it is "Unresolved"

this is very tedious to fix, as I have to click on each affected element, and click "None" for the "Unresolved" action that was added

greg
gdurniak

Re: After Servoy 3 to 6 Upgrade OnDataChange shows Unresolve

Postby ROCLASI » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 am

Hi Greg,

gdurniak wrote:We are in the process of upgrading from Servoy 3 to 6

On many forms, elements that had no action ( e.g. OnDataChange ) now show one in Servoy 6, and it is "Unresolved"

This is usually a sign that you did have a method attached to these events and then the methods were deleted. In Servoy 3.5 and below this also 'removed' the method from the event (it just didn't show anymore) but the reference was still there.
In Servoy 4 and up the developer is very different and more strict and so those deleted method references start to show up again. And yes it is tedious work to fix but you only have to do it once.

Do note there is a 'Restore Default Value' button in the properties view where you can revert any (selected) property to it's default value.

default_button.png
default_button.png (20.35 KiB) Viewed 3166 times

So no need to double-click into the property, open the popup/menu/whatever and reset the value.
Just select the property and hit this button and you are done.

Hope this helps.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby gdurniak » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks. "Restore Default Value" works well

However, I have a bunch of forms where the elements are grouped, then layered on top of each other, so it's hard to get to each property

I have to move and ungroup all the elements, change the default values, then move and regroup them

is there any way to "hack" into a form, and clear the properties in the background ? as a text file ?

it seems that the frm file can be opened in a Text Editor, so all the OnDataChanges could be removed ...

greg

PS
and "Restore Default Value" should be a Quick Fix Option !
File Shoppe
gdurniak

Postby ROCLASI » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi Greg,

gdurniak wrote:Thanks. "Restore Default Value" works well

However, I have a bunch of forms where the elements are grouped, then layered on top of each other, so it's hard to get to each property

I have to move and ungroup all the elements, change the default values, then move and regroup them

is there any way to "hack" into a form, and clear the properties in the background ? as a text file ?

it seems that the frm file can be opened in a Text Editor, so all the OnDataChanges could be removed ...

You can use the outline view to select the individual elements in the group and then change any of it's properties.
I tend to have the outline view next to the properties view for easy navigation (in forms AND code).

grouped_elements.png
grouped_elements.png (63.5 KiB) Viewed 3126 times

gdurniak wrote:PS
and "Restore Default Value" should be a Quick Fix Option !

I suggest you file it as a feature request in Jira.

Hope this helps.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby gdurniak » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks. That is a very neat feature, for complex layouts !

I ended up editing the frm as a text file, and removed all the problem OnDataChanges with Search and Replace. It appeared to work

greg

> You can use the outline view to select the individual elements in the group and then change any of it's properties.
I tend to have the outline view next to the properties view for easy navigation (in forms AND code).
File Shoppe
gdurniak

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs