Error at css parsing

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Error at css parsing

Postby tgs » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:07 pm

I get this errors in the Java Console of the Smart Client
Code: Select all
ERROR - Debug                      - Error at css parsing, tgs_mat_2,null:Found a dimension where a comma or a { was expected at line 26. Skipping ruleset.
ERROR - Debug                      - Error at css parsing, tgs_mat_2,null:Found a dimension where a comma or a { was expected at line 38. Skipping ruleset.
ERROR - Debug                      - Error at css parsing, tgs_mat_2,null:Found a dimension where a comma or a { was expected at line 112. Skipping ruleset.
ERROR - Debug                      - Error at css parsing, tgs_mat_2,null:Found a dimension where a comma or a { was expected at line 124. Skipping ruleset.

but don't understand why?

This is how my style looks like:
css_1.png
css_1.png (35.24 KiB) Viewed 3520 times

css_2.png
css_2.png (34.38 KiB) Viewed 3520 times

Is there anything wrong?
Thomas Schnaus
SAN Developer
yomotec GmbH
tgs

Re: Error at css parsing

Postby david » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Change the commas to periods in your margin values and see if it works. If that is it, my guess is the CSS parser isn't checking locale settings.
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby jcompagner » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:42 am

css and locale settings?
that would be very weird... as far a i know the decimal pointer must always be a dot:

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html ... def-number

how else can that work if i have a css with a a . on my website. and that is used by an american (where the . is the decimal point) and by a dutch guy (where the , is the decimal point)
that will then never work.. Or you should have to supply 2 different css sheets based on the locale of the browser.....

Also having .5 margin i guess that only makes sense to me recently with the high resolution screens (especially mobile) because if it would really be a pixel then a pixel can't be divided..
But i guess if a pixel in css is really 4 hardware pixels on the screen then a half is possible..
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby tgs » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:51 am

@david
I changed the commas to periods and the errors were gone.
-
You are right Johan,
0.5 px makes not really sense and I changed it to 1 px.

Regards
Thomas
Thomas Schnaus
SAN Developer
yomotec GmbH
tgs

Postby david » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:47 pm

A pixel is not always a pixel as the user can zoom out. And if you divide a div that is 50 pixels wide into four sections you are into fractional pixels whether you intended to or not (one of the gotchas of responsive design). So half pixel values in CSS are fairly common, especially for margins. High density displays and browsers being capable of sub pixel rendering now just means it's happening all the time.
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs