Command Console code completion after scope / form renaming

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Command Console code completion after scope / form renaming

Postby deezzub » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:30 pm

I recognised that the code completion in the "Command Console" does not work anymore for renamed "Scopes" and "Forms". (Servoy Developer Version: 7.2.0 - build 2013)

2013-09-05 13_26_41-Servoy_developer_command_console_code_completion_bug.png
Servoy developer Command Console code completion bug
2013-09-05 13_26_41-Servoy_developer_command_console_code_completion_bug.png (64.09 KiB) Viewed 2684 times
deezzub

Re: Command Console code completion after scope / form renam

Postby jcompagner » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:21 am

Command Console tries to do the completion in the main Active solution globals.js file.
My guess is in your case it can't find that main globals.js file so it maps on one of the modules and then you only get completion of the module one (i guess you have a module that has only 1 form starting with a b)

Do you have a globals.js file in your main active solution?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby deezzub » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:46 am

jcompagner wrote:Command Console tries to do the completion in the main Active solution globals.js file.

Why is it neccessary to have a "main Active solution globals.js file" to get code completion?

jcompagner wrote:My guess is in your case it can't find that main globals.js file so it maps on one of the modules and then you only get completion of the module one...

If I need a globals js file to get code completion for all solutions / modules, I think it would be great that the Servoy Developer could be give a hint for that.

jcompagner wrote:... (i guess you have a module that has only 1 form starting with a b)

No, I have more than one form starting with a "b".

jcompagner wrote:Do you have a globals.js file in your main active solution?

No, I deleted the file, because the file was empty after moving the code to a scope with an other name. I created a new globals scope and now the code completion works.

Thanks.
deezzub

Postby jcompagner » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:33 am

its quite simple, the command console code completion must have some starting point to be able to do code completion.
The globals file in the main solution is really the only place where it can start in to have the right global code completion, if you don't have that file then yes it will try to map on something else and that doesn't have to be the full set.

"No, I have more than one form starting with a "b"."

So in all the modules that you have you have in all of them more forms starting with a "b" ???
I think you have at least 1 module that only has 1 form starting with a b (i am not talking here over all the form that you have but only a single module!)

We create by default that file, so yes there is a side effect for this when you delete that file (but then really only this command console thing)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs