Enabled property does not work always in 7.2 i3

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Enabled property does not work always in 7.2 i3

Postby rossent » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:47 am

Hi all,

After upgrading to Servoy 7.2 i3 (build 2016) we noticed that functionality which worked without issues before in 7.2 got "broken". It relates to setting the enabled property of fields and buttons at runtime to false. This appears to not work 100% of the time and basically under some conditions which we are still trying to discover, setting for example the enabled property of a button to false does not actually disable the button on the UI. Some of the conditions which cause this behavior require that the enabled property is changed while the form is not displayed yet.

Does anyone else have similar issue? We can reproduce it every time in our solution but we are trying to isolate all the conditions so that we can prepare a sample for Servoy.
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Re: Enabled property does not work always in 7.2 i3

Postby rossent » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:37 am

The issue boils down to this: setting the enabled property of buttons and fields does not have an effect if it is done before displaying the form. For example:

1. a button is added on a form using the solutionModel
2. controller.recreateUI() is called
3. the button's enabled property is set to false using elements['button name'].enabled = false;
4. the form is displayed in a tab panel

The end result will be that the form will be displayed and it will have a new button placed on it however the button will not be disabled.

We created a case for this: https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-5109
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Re: Enabled property does not work always in 7.2 i3

Postby lvostinar » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:47 am

The issue will be fixed in Servoy 7.3 .
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs