onRender not called

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

onRender not called

Postby nevenam » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi,
I created a form with the view property set to 'Table view'. The form contains a checkbox, whose dataProvider is a foundset calculation. There is a function bound to the onRender event of the checkbox. When the form is shown, this onRender function is never called no matter what I do.
What could be the reason?
I am using Servoy Developer v. 7.3
Nevena
nevenam

Re: onRender not called

Postby Gabi Boros » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:16 am

please create a case for this issue in our support system : http://www.servoy.com/s
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros

Postby amcgilly » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:31 am

Servoy 7.3.1 in Developer, java 6 update 43, web client & smart client.

I have a TEXT_FIELD element on a form that is based on table A.

The dataprovider in the TEXT_FIELD is a related dataprovider, let's call it A_to_B.myColumn

I open up a form in a modal dialog where I make a change to a record in table B and I save the change. This change causes the value of A_to_B.myColumn to change.

I see the value change on the main form, but the onRender event I've attached to the element doesn't fire.

I was really hoping it would fire.

Is this a bug, a 'known limitation' or am I missing something?

I was also hoping onRender events would fire if a dataprovider value changes as a result to databroadcasting - is that the case?

Thanks.
Adrian McGilly
Servoy Developer

amcgilly

Postby amcgilly » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:29 pm

I've narrowed this down further. If I have a form in Record view and I put an onRender method on a field, onRender fires when the a record is selected, and it fires if the user happens to click on that field, but if anything else causes the value in that field to change, onRender does NOT fire. For instance:

• If it is calc, and the user changes a value that the calc depends on, the calc refreshes, but onRender does not fire
  • If it is a related dataprovider, and the user changes which record the relation points to, the related dp refreshes, but onRender does not fire
  • Even if I put the same field on the form twice, and change the value in one copy of the field, an onRender event placed on the duplicate field will not fire. (I know that's a useless scenario, it's just to demonstrate the behavior I'm seeing)

I find this odd because Servoy is clearly 're-rendering' the field - so why doesn't onRender fire? Is this expected behavior or am I missing something?

Thanks.
Adrian McGilly
Servoy Developer

amcgilly

Postby pbakker » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Those should work. Please file a case in our support system with a reproducible sample.

Paul
pbakker

Postby amcgilly » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Done. The case for this is: SVY-6136
Adrian McGilly
Servoy Developer

amcgilly

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs