Internationalisation issues

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Internationalisation issues

Postby maria.kyselova » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:18 am

Hi All,

Just wondering if it's a Servoy bug: I have an i18n entry in the standard Servoy i18n editor. Trying to edit its value, hitting 'add', then 'save' buttons results in nothing. I leave the i18n record, go back to it and the value is whatever it was before I changed it.

Also, I can see 4 files with the same name in the i18n files section:

i18n.jpg
i18n.jpg (50.62 KiB) Viewed 2962 times

Can't delete any of them. Opening each is doing the same job. What's going on there?
Last edited by maria.kyselova on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers,
Maria
maria.kyselova

Re: Can't change i18n values

Postby Andrei Costescu » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:59 pm

What is the content of you resources project in subfolder "messages"?
It might be that you had an automatic SCM/team merge happen and now you have there pending conflict files like "tsmseven.....properties.v1", "tsmseven.....properties.v2" or similar.

After you fix those it will probably work. I'm curious though what happened when you saved - why didn't it save in the correct file name/extension. Or it did save there but it opened the editor for another file...

I think you should create a case - developer should not list these invalid names, just the useful properties files in there (it should be able to treat other extensions or added file extensions correctly). And also attach any errors in .metadata/.log that happen when you save but it doesn't really save.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Re: Can't change i18n values

Postby maria.kyselova » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:54 am

Andrei Costescu wrote:What is the content of you resources project in subfolder "messages"?
It might be that you had an automatic SCM/team merge happen and now you have there pending conflict files like "tsmseven.....properties.v1", "tsmseven.....properties.v2" or similar.

After you fix those it will probably work. I'm curious though what happened when you saved - why didn't it save in the correct file name/extension. Or it did save there but it opened the editor for another file...

I think you should create a case - developer should not list these invalid names, just the useful properties files in there (it should be able to treat other extensions or added file extensions correctly). And also attach any errors in .metadata/.log that happen when you save but it doesn't really save.

Thanks, Andrei, it was indeed the .tmp files in the resources project. I removed them and everything works fine now.
I can't create a case because I can't reproduce the same situation, but if it happens again, we'll make a case of it.
Cheers,
Maria
maria.kyselova

Re: Internationalisation issues

Postby Andrei Costescu » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:35 am

Created case SVY-6179 - about multiple unwanted list items (which can be reproduced by simply copying the file and giving it a wrong extension).
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Re: Internationalisation issues

Postby maria.kyselova » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:11 am

Andrei Costescu wrote:Created case SVY-6179 - about multiple unwanted list items (which can be reproduced by simply copying the file and giving it a wrong extension).

Awesome, thanks Andrei.
Cheers,
Maria
maria.kyselova

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs