Can't deactivate "Allow Null" for table "Row Ident"

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Can't deactivate "Allow Null" for table "Row Ident"

Postby deezzub » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:34 pm

I get a warning, that: "row identifiers should always be not null", but I can't deactivate the "Allow Null" checkbox for a table's "Row Ident". In the FoxPro DBF table "Allow null" is not activated.

2014-03-06_10_29_24-Servoy_Developer_table_allow_null.png
2014-03-06_10_29_24-Servoy_Developer_table_allow_null.png (32.9 KiB) Viewed 4068 times
deezzub

Re: Can't deactivate "Allow Null" for table "Row Ident"

Postby Andrei Costescu » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:00 pm

What did you mean by 'In the FoxPro DBF table "Allow null" is not activated.'? Can you give a screen-shot of that?
You expect "Allow null" to show unchecked in table editor for that column, right?

That's just a warning dialog, I remember it was added to not completely disallow adding 'dbident' to old DBF tables - that had records in them, allowed null but had no null values in that column.
So as long as your table has non-null data in that column in all records, it should work as expected. The purpose of that dialog is to make you aware of this requirement.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby deezzub » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:45 pm

Andrei Costescu wrote:What did you mean by 'In the FoxPro DBF table "Allow null" is not activated.'? Can you give a screen-shot of that?

2014-03-06_12_33_08-FoxPro_Table_Designer_no_null_allowed.dbf.png
2014-03-06_12_33_08-FoxPro_Table_Designer_no_null_allowed.dbf.png (24.13 KiB) Viewed 4060 times

I think "Allow null" was not the right expression in the FoxPro context. Sorry ;)

Andrei Costescu wrote:You expect "Allow null" to show unchecked in table editor for that column, right?

I exspect, that can deactivate the "Allow Null" for the "Row Ident" column in Servoy, so that I get no warning, because the row identifier is generated by Servoy.

Andrei Costescu wrote:That's just a warning dialog, I remember it was added to not completely disallow adding 'dbident' to old DBF tables - that had records in them, allowed null but had no null values in that column.
So as long as your table has non-null data in that column in all records, it should work as expected. The purpose of that dialog is to make you aware of this requirement.

But if I have a Servoy generated "Row Ident", it is not required to show a warning, if it would be possible to deactivate "Allow Null"?
deezzub

Postby ina.wels » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:27 am

Same issue here. Did you solve your problem in the meantime?
ina.wels

Postby deezzub » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:28 pm

ina.wels wrote:Same issue here. Did you solve your problem in the meantime?

Hello Ina, no I didn't solved it.
deezzub

Postby Andrei Costescu » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:20 pm

I think you should create a case about this. Either the driver doesn't provide that "non-nullable" info from the driver or it's not interpreted correctly.
I guess if you do an insert query with null value for that column or without giving a value when NULL mode is enabled it will fail.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby deezzub » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:43 pm

deezzub

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs