Signalling channel lost when reading pings or client...

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Signalling channel lost when reading pings or client...

Postby amartin » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi all,

Let me preface this by saying I am not a programmer. I was recently employed by a company using Servoy and before starting here, had no previous knowledge of Servoy. I'm more focused on the infrastructure side so I am trying to trace down what is causing this problem. Please review the screenshots. I'll try to provide as much information as I can. I've read and pored over various threads that discussed this very error message but realized the solutions were for older versions leading me to understand that updates to both Servoy and Java have rectified the problems.

Here's the information I have at this time:

Sybase 11, Window 2012 Server R2. Servoy Develper/App Server is the same version as client.
Also, Java version on the Citrix servers is 7u45
Attachments
image002.gif
image002.gif (43.85 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
Servoy Log March 2014.txt
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 237 times
image001.gif
image001.gif (7.14 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
Last edited by amartin on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amartin

Re: Signalling channel lost when reading pings or client...

Postby amartin » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Additional screenshot for more info. It seems to go on throughout the day. I'll have to confirm.
Attachments
image003.gif
image003.gif (19.77 KiB) Viewed 3594 times
amartin

Postby grahamg » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Welcome to Servoy - as you've discovered sometimes the hardest part is just getting started.

There are quite a lot of threads on similar issues and you may need to plough through various 'fixes' as setups vary. Note that sometimes users will just close a laptop without logging out and this will trigger (harmless) messages about the connection being dropped.

Some advice from Johan that I've found useful:

Re: Signalling channel lost when reading pings or client exp
Postby jcompagner » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:28 pm

this is a dropping of connections between smart client and the server.
You could try to use the Http&Socket tunnel factory instead of 2 way socket to look if that is more stable
Johan Compagner
Servoy

Here's a couple of links to get you started:

https://www.servoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19001&p=102166&hilit=socketacceptor#p103731
https://www.servoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18968&p=101994&hilit=socketacceptor#p101994

HTH
Graham Greensall
Worxinfo Ltd
www.worxinfo.com
grahamg

Postby amartin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:16 pm

Thanks for the response Graham. I've reviewed a number of threads including the quote you referenced and will have to pass them along to our programmer.

For clarification, when you say harmless, this shouldn't affect any other users correct? We get reports throughout the week or sometimes throughout the day where users will have Servoy lock up and become unusable. Users aren't able to work or do anything as it "freezes" and the java task has to be ended to regain control of the Citrix session. The rest of the Citrix session remains connected and applications apart from Servoy still work fine.
amartin

Postby grahamg » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:33 am

Well the messages are certainly 'harmless' and will not affect other users if they are triggered by someone just closing their laptop - or even if it's a dropped connection that Servoy re-establishes automatically. However your setup looks rather more complex as you are connecting through Citrix.

I don't have much experience with this type of setup (have moved all my customers to WebClient and saved lot of headaches!) so it would probably be helpful if you could provide some more details of your setup so that the real Citrix gurus on the Forum can provide some pointers.

Also worth checking the Performance Logs on Servoy-Admin as the 'lock up' could be down to very slow SQL queries or maybe the wrong/outdated JDBC driver?
Graham Greensall
Worxinfo Ltd
www.worxinfo.com
grahamg

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs