Servoy smart client unexpectedly logging out

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Servoy smart client unexpectedly logging out

Postby bevil » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:31 pm

I have a customer with a solution that I built many years ago. They have a new user (who has been with them for about a month), who is using Servoy on her machine, and complains that she is being logged out of Servoy whenever she switches to another application and back (Servoy client is back on the login username and password popup when she switches back). It is not behaviour that I have ever seen before, and there is no keyboard shortcut associated with logout that I know of. There is a logout method that I have attached to a button, and she could be using CMD Tab to switch applications, and missing the Tab (and hitting CMD 1 - triggering a method by mistake), but that seems a long shot if it is happening consistently.

It does not happen to any other of their users of the same system (or any of our other Servoy customers) so I can only assume it is something this user is doing, but I don't know what that could be.

Server is a Mac Mini, clients are all Mac OS X, I am not sure of the Java versions as this was reported to me by a third party support company, but I think all clients on this server are running similar versions of Java.

Anyone see this behaviour anywhere?

Thanks

Bevil
bevil

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs