Git problems using amend commit / branches / merging

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Re: Git problems using amend commit / branches / merging

Postby jcompagner » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:20 pm

if you change the file system underneath eclipse (like you do with command line git)

You have to make sure that eclipse sees all those changes (so do a full refresh after every git command!)

Also you can have a look at the preferences of eclipse/developer -> General -> Workspace there you have options like "refresh using native hooks or polling" or "refresh on access"
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby deezzub » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:05 pm

jcompagner wrote:You have to make sure that eclipse sees all those changes (so do a full refresh after every git command!)

How can I do a full refresh? As far as I can see, if I in a form editor, I have no refresh available in the menu.

jcompagner wrote:Also you can have a look at the preferences of eclipse/developer -> General -> Workspace there you have options like "refresh using native hooks or polling" or "refresh on access"

I have now activated both. I have done a git stash in terminal and if I do a git status I see a tracked file which should be stashed, so it should not be visible after stashing.
deezzub

Postby jgarfield » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:48 pm

I use SourceTree almost exclusively but keep EGit installed in Servoy, and do not seem to have quite as many issues with refreshing as what is described here.

My fail-safe way for refreshing is to switch to the Resources perspective, select all folders and refresh that. This refreshes all source files, forms, valuelists, etc
Programmer.
adBlocks
http://www.adblocks.com
jgarfield

Postby deezzub » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:12 pm

jgarfield wrote:I use SourceTree almost exclusively but keep EGit installed in Servoy, and do not seem to have quite as many issues with refreshing as what is described here.

Do you use branches?

jgarfield wrote:My fail-safe way for refreshing is to switch to the Resources perspective, select all folders and refresh that. This refreshes all source files, forms, valuelists, etc

I try it, but I think that should not be needed. If you use EGit in Servoy / Eclipse, EGit should notify Servoy / Eclipse that there are changes.
deezzub

Postby jcompagner » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:35 am

deezzub wrote:I try it, but I think that should not be needed. If you use EGit in Servoy / Eclipse, EGit should notify Servoy / Eclipse that there are changes.

yes IF you use EGit then it is not needed
but if you use any 3th party tool underneath eclipse (servoy has nothing to do with this) then you need to make sure a refresh happens
i think in the solex tree we also have a refresh item in the toolbar of the solex.

Else you have to use Navigator and select the project and call refresh on that from the popup menu.

Eclipse has all kind of internal caches and states, so you need to say to eclipse that something is changed if you change it from the outside world

This doesnt matter if it is git or if you use a editor outside of eclipse and change a file. (just try this, open a frm file and change the text of a label)
that you only should see after a refresh in eclipse,
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Previous

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs