Java blocked by security settings

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Java blocked by security settings

Postby bevil » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi all

I am trying to connect to a recently installed Servoy 7.4 solution, running on a customer's server.

I am attempting to connect from a Windows 7 machine with Java 8 update 31.

I have an error that 'Application blocked by Java Security', and that for security, applications must now meet the requirements for the high or very high security settings, or be part of the Exception Site List, to be allowed to run.

I have added the server to the java security tab in the format: http://192.168.15.100, as well as via the live DNS name. Neither of them make any difference.

Also, if I click 'click here to see if JRE installed' link, I get a plugin icon with the error 'Java(TM) needs your permission to run.'. If I give permission, I get 'Application blocked, click for details, Your security settings have blocked an untrusted application from running'.

I simply cannot get smart client to work (not just this one customer, but other servoy clients) to run on my Windows 7 machine.

I do have Comodo firewall enabled (because Windows), but had this problem before installing it.

Any thoughts or ideas?
bevil

Re: Java blocked by security settings

Postby ngervasi » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Try putting the entire URL (including port) in the exceptions list:

Code: Select all
http://192.168.15.100:8080

Make sure to specify all the domains and IPs that point to the same server if this is the case.
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Postby bevil » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:34 pm

Thank you Nicola.

I think that has fixed it.. Funny as I have never had to specify the port on the Mac site exceptions list...

:)

Bevil
bevil

Postby Harjo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:56 am

Or just sign everything with your own certificate and replace the vmarg's in the servoy-admin page by a space
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs