Missing table header bottom line

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Missing table header bottom line

Postby huber » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi

On forms having table view (locked), the bottom grey line on the table header, which separates the header title from the following records in the list, is missing. It used to be there but got lost in a recent Servoy version. I would like to ask to restore it, please.

Servoy 7.4.4
OS X 10.10.5
Java 1.8.0_65

Regards,
Attachments
missing table header line.png
Missing line below table headers like Rolle, Status, Ergänzende Bezeichung etc.
missing table header line.png (18.08 KiB) Viewed 4483 times
Robert Huber
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
http://www.seven-r.ch
huber

Re: Missing table header bottom line

Postby Bernd.N » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:48 pm

Hi Robert,

you can create a CSS style like the following and put this style to all headers.That way, you can control also the lower border lines of all headers, which make then a line.
When you put the header labels to not transparent, they also have a colored background.

label.table_header{
color: black;
background-color: #cbd7e2;
text-align: left;
border-style: solid;
margin: 0px 4px 2px 4px;
border-color: #cbd7e2 silver silver #cbd7e2;
border-width: 0px 1px 2px 0px;
}

For colors and their combinations, have a look at http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes

Same is true for the table rows, you can create similar styles for them and control every aspect of their appearance that way.
Bernd Korthaus
LinkedIn
Servoy 7.4.9 SC postgreSQL 9.4.11 Windows 10 Pro
Bernd.N

Postby huber » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:05 am

Hi Bernd

Thanks. Currently, we do not use labels for table view headers but use the standard rendering of table view headers without labels. That is what I was referring to in my post. As until not long ago, Servoy rendered a line below the table view titles. Your tip works when having assigned labels in the labelFor property (what we don't have).
I would have to find an somewhat easy way to dynamically assign labels to fields in our forms, but don't have a spontaneous idea how to do that. Each of our fields has already an i18n key in the titleText property.

Best regards,

Bernd.N wrote:Hi Robert,

you can create a CSS style like the following and put this style to all headers.That way, you can control also the lower border lines of all headers, which make then a line.
When you put the header labels to not transparent, they also have a colored background.

label.table_header{
color: black;
background-color: #cbd7e2;
text-align: left;
border-style: solid;
margin: 0px 4px 2px 4px;
border-color: #cbd7e2 silver silver #cbd7e2;
border-width: 0px 1px 2px 0px;
}

For colors and their combinations, have a look at http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes

Same is true for the table rows, you can create similar styles for them and control every aspect of their appearance that way.
Robert Huber
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
huber

Postby Bernd.N » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:00 pm

I would consider to make the step to explicit header labels, as then you have full control over the appearance and style everything for your users (see sample).

It might be Servoy developers would hesitate to set in the line again, as they would argue that everything is possible with CSS now.
Attachments
header sample.jpg
header sample.jpg (21.52 KiB) Viewed 4420 times
Bernd Korthaus
LinkedIn
Bernd.N

Postby huber » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi Bernd

It would be great if the (automatically generated) table view headers would be directly accessible via CSS style, just like "form.grid odd" for example. To be forced to create a label just to be able to style a field is a bit odd, it seems. At least to me.

Anyway, Servoy is a tool to make great UIs, even in it's default form, is it ,-?

Best regards,

Bernd.N wrote:I would consider to make the step to explicit header labels, as then you have full control over the appearance and style everything for your users (see sample).

It might be Servoy developers would hesitate to set in the line again, as they would argue that everything is possible with CSS now.
Robert Huber
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
huber

Postby Bernd.N » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi Robert,
I even did not know that a table view is possible without label headers, as I learned it only with them.
Yes I agree, I can not imagine not to work with Servoy any more. :)
Bernd Korthaus
LinkedIn
Bernd.N

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs