HTML editor hiding combobox drop down list.

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

HTML editor hiding combobox drop down list.

Postby paras_kumari126 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:28 am

HTML editor hiding combo box drop down list..png
HTML editor hiding combo box drop down list..png (339.17 KiB) Viewed 3806 times

I am using Servoy version 6.2 in my project in which I have an HTMLEditor with a combo box placed on its top but the problem is I am unable to view the combox’s dropdown list as the HTMLEditor is overlapping its dropdown list but when I changed its displayType to TEXT_FIELD it does not overlap its dropdown. I have also attached the sample project and some screenshot to elaborate the issue which I am facing. Please help me out to fix the issue.
Attachments
overlappingComboBoxDropdown.servoy
(3.59 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
paras_kumari126

Re: HTML editor hiding combobox drop down list.

Postby Bernd.N » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:50 am

The first thing you could do in such a case is to install the latest Servoy version 7.4.5 and test it there, in case your project does not depend on 6.2.

If it still does not work, you could file a case on the Servoy support system (support.servoy.com). In the mean time you could live with that behaviour and let the editor begin right of the listbox, while reducing the listbox width to about 50% of its current width. You could also put the listbox below the label "Currency:", then you loose less space.
Bernd Korthaus
LinkedIn
Servoy 7.4.9 SC postgreSQL 9.4.11 Windows 10 Pro
Bernd.N

Postby paras_kumari126 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:32 pm

thanks for the answer Bernd , I have checked the same on servoy 7 and it seems to be working there.
paras_kumari126

Postby Andrei Costescu » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:15 pm

Is this Smart Client on windows? Java version might matter as well.

Maybe check to see if it's not a z-index issue (although dropdown shouldn't be affected by that). If you drag the combo/field to partially overlap the html editor does it get partially hidden by it?
Choose "Bring to front" on the combobox in designer and see if that helps.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs