jdbc incompatibility error on runtime export

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

jdbc incompatibility error on runtime export

Postby thurstonclark2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:32 am

Hello, I receive this error when I try to export a standalone runtime of my solution:

2018-04-11 18:55:26,587 WARN [Worker-4] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - Couldn't get db connection schema Driver com.hxtt.sql.dbf.DBFDriver is not a JDBC4.1 (java 1.7) driver, please upgrade [ ]
2018-04-11 18:56:16,097 ERROR [Worker-1] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - Error creating table servoy_columninfo [ ]
2018-04-11 18:59:02,946 WARN [Worker-5] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - Couldn't get db connection schema Driver com.hxtt.sql.dbf.DBFDriver is not a JDBC4.1 (java 1.7) driver, please upgrade [ ]

The driver that is complained about is distributed as part of the Servoy installation. Is this an oversight on the part of Servoy? Is their an easy resolution? My database is vfp which the IDE seems to support ok with this Servoy supplied driver. Thanks.
thurstonclark2

Re: jdbc incompatibility error on runtime export

Postby mboegem » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:47 am

Hi,

Servoy does ship various drivers to work with databases of different vendors.
This doesn't automatically mean that it is the correct driver-version for all the different databases that 'we' as developers use on our systems.

Basically it's up to you to have the correct JDBC driver installed on your IDE as well as on any deployed version. (the latter doesn't matter if you deploy using a full war-file)
If you think there's a better/more recent driver that will work with different versions of VFP, you can always create a support-request at support.servoy.com.
When approved, Servoy can include this in future versions.

Hope this helps
Marc Boegem
Solutiative / JBS Group, Partner
• Servoy Certified Developer
• Servoy Valued Professional
• Freelance Developer

Partner of Tower - The most powerful Git client for Mac and Windows
mboegem

Postby thurstonclark2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Servoy is being advertised and promoted to Visual FoxPro developers as an IDE to move to. There is paid google advertising on this and servoy web content on this. If the Visual FoxPro database connectivity blows up, why the heck are they marketing this to me? It leaves a really bad taste in my mouth if I download the product based on their advertising and documentation and then it explodes when I try to connect to a VFP database and then I am told that I have to solve the problem on my own! Are you kidding, this is a very expensive and annoying product LOL.
thurstonclark2

Postby rvanderburg » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:53 am

hi,
this sounds like a bug, created a case for this at support.servoy.com
fyi most of our users no longer create runtime solutions, but run their application in a server 3 tier environment. i presume creating a run time in combination with java 7 and the vfp jdbc driver broke due to an upgrade. we will fix this.
in the mean time you can continue developing and running your application while we correct the error.
rvanderburg
Site Admin

Postby jcompagner » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:03 pm

this warning
2018-04-11 18:55:26,587 WARN [Worker-4] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - Couldn't get db connection schema Driver com.hxtt.sql.dbf.DBFDriver is not a JDBC4.1 (java 1.7) driver, please upgrade [ ]

can be ignored, it is better to upgrade the driver but i think the upgraded driver had other issues again...

But this one:

2018-04-11 18:56:16,097 ERROR [Worker-1] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - Error creating table servoy_columninfo [ ]

That is a repository table, are you also having the repository server on VFP database?
Then that doesn't allow use to create columns, i think it is better to just use postgress database for that

What does your log files really say? Do you have a full stack trace for that error? Because it could be just a permissions issue.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs