Patched Application Server Reverted

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Patched Application Server Reverted

Postby ryan.m.beasley » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:26 am

Hi,
Recently, I had found a bug in the application server with its ability to access stored procedures on sql server. After reporting this to Servoy we got it patched up and I updated my application server build with several update files Servoy sent me. Sunday, I uploaded an update to my current smartclient solution into our dev environment and I think it reverted my application server to before the patch Servoy sent me since I started getting the same errors before. I fixed this by taking our production build and replacing the dev build of the application server and everything worked fine, afterwards, but I was wondering if anyone had a possible explanation for this behavior.

Thanks,
Ryan Beasley
ryan.m.beasley

Re: Patched Application Server Reverted

Postby sean » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi Ryan,

I guess it depends if you do .servoy exports or .war exports.
I don't believe this is possible with .servoy exports. It will not change the app server, only the solution.
However, .war exports really pack the whole servoy application server (same version as developer from which it is exported) so yes, it's possible you would have "undone" your patch.
I recommend that you patch the servoy developer which is used to generate the war
Software Engineer
Servoy USA
sean

Re: Patched Application Server Reverted

Postby ryan.m.beasley » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:49 pm

I had actually used the servoy application server with .servoy exports, not any .war export.
ryan.m.beasley

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs