setCreateEmptyFormFoundsets bypassed?

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

setCreateEmptyFormFoundsets bypassed?

Postby drookwood » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:49 am

This is an odd one - on one of my client sites, on 2 separate occasions and 2 very different contexts they have suddenly had access to records they should not be able to see. I have databaseManager.setCreateEmptyFormFoundsets() set ON during startup and all forms then load the records only relevant to the current user. However, on this one site (and it's only happened here) they have found themselves mid-session on a form apparently with all records loaded. Logging out and back in again resolved the issue but it should not have been possible for this to happen at all.

My question here is: are there any known (or potential) circumstances where databaseManager.setCreateEmptyFormFoundsets() might fail, allowing access to all records? I know they have a particularly flakey IT infrastructure and it looks like there were session dropouts/disconnects on both these occasions but they were not aware at their end that the session had dropped and reconnected. Is it in any way possible that a dropped and reconnected session could somehow put them back into a session where setCreateEmptyFormFoundsets() is no longer in force?

If anyone has had anything similar or has any pointers as to what could have occurred I'd love to hear them!
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Re: setCreateEmptyFormFoundsets bypassed?

Postby jcompagner » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:06 pm

what does create empty foundset have todo with what is eventually shown?
Did you push table or foundset filters based on the user? or did you use our tenant value? (that auto applies this)
Because thats how you supposed to filter stuff. not empty by default.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Re: setCreateEmptyFormFoundsets bypassed?

Postby drookwood » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:56 pm

Maybe I phrased my question incorrectly - I use create empty foundsets on startup to ensure that forms have no records loaded at the start of the session, then records are loaded by query to get only the records for that user when a particular form is shown. So there should be no way that a form that a user views has all records loaded and yet that is apparently what has happened, and it has happened after the correct set of user records were initially loaded into the form foundset. It has only happened twice in 13 years of running and tens of thousands of sessions so I do not believe this is a programming or solution design error but I cannot see a reason for it to happen, hence my question. If a form has a foundset loaded and the session then drops for some reason and is reconnected, is there any way that the previously loaded foundset is replaced by all records?
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs