No VFP dbi Files in Export?

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

No VFP dbi Files in Export?

Postby john1598360627 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:00 am

ENVIRONMENT
Servoy Version - 2021.3.0.3642

Servoy Type - NG Client

Operation System - Windows 10 Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Browser - Chrome, Firefox

PROBLEM
VFP dbi files are not included in a File Export (.servoy).

STEPS
File Export.

RESULT
No dbi files for our VFP database.

QUESTION
I'm honestly not sure if this is a bug or I'm missing the steps on how to include dbi files in an export.

I notice there are options to

* Export all tables from referenced servers
* Export metadata tables (from database)

I tried exporting all tables, but it still ignored the VFP. Haven't tried metadata tables yet.

COMMENTS
By the way, these are dbi files that are created within servoy. Done so to give our VFP databases a PK so that we can actually interface with it in query builder. No sure if this is effecting why it doesn't work.

Help appreciated!
john1598360627

Re: No VFP dbi Files in Export?

Postby sean » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:39 pm

Hi John,

Yes DBF files are supported in export just like any other database.

Export all tables from referenced servers is probably what you want. (You can ignore metadata)

Problem could be that you don't actually have a reference to the server itself. That could be anything which is bound to a table, i.e. form, value list, relation, etc.

Also, you probably want to export based on DBI files option to pickup the PK setting if not defined in DBF itself.

Best,
Sean
Software Engineer
Servoy USA
sean

Postby john1598360627 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:25 am

sean wrote:Hi John,

Yes DBF files are supported in export just like any other database.

Export all tables from referenced servers is probably what you want. (You can ignore metadata)

Problem could be that you don't actually have a reference to the server itself. That could be anything which is bound to a table, i.e. form, value list, relation, etc.

Also, you probably want to export based on DBI files option to pickup the PK setting if not defined in DBF itself.

Best,
Sean

Hmmmm, this didn't work.

I believe this is due to how we do NOT have any VFP table bound to forms, value lists, relations, or any other Servoy Object. We just want to import the data and not have the user manipulate it.

Specifically, all that I'm doing with the VFP is that I modify the table's PK is a db identify, thus creating a dbi file for Servoy. Then, all I'm doing within the program itself is DatabaseManager code so that the VFP data can be imported into a regular SQL server.

So again, nothing is being bound, do you believe this could be why the DBI files for VFP aren't appearing in a Servoy file export?
john1598360627

Postby john1598360627 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:18 am

Ok so, as an experiment I:

Bound one of the VFP tables to a random form. Did the export, and yes in fact that bound table was the only one that stayed in the export.

The question becomes though, is there ANY way to include UNBOUND tables (like they aren't attached to any form, etc) in a solution export?
john1598360627

Postby sean » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:49 am

Hi John,

No there is no way to do that. I believe the exporter will ignore any servers which have no hard reference.
Software Engineer
Servoy USA
sean

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs