Primari Key problem

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

Primari Key problem

Postby Riccardino » Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:01 am

Hi,

I installed 1.1 rc4, I created a connection to a db server (MySQL) I was using with 1.01 and I put all the fields in a form.
When I create a new record, the primary key on the server is not updated and remains empty (even if the field doesn't allow null values).

Even stranger, if I import from 1.01 a solution based on the same backend, the primary key works fine.
Riccardino

Postby Jan Aleman » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:56 pm

Can you check if there is a servoy sequence on that primary key field?
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby Jan Aleman » Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:08 pm

I forgot to mention that we don't have any troubles with mysql.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby Riccardino » Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:56 am

jaleman wrote:Can you check if there is a servoy sequence on that primary key field?

There was a sequence, but it didn't work. So, I set it to "none", but the records were created empty (I thought that "none" meant that the sequence was managed directly from mysql and not from Servoy).
Today, I set again a servoy sequence and it works.

:)

But I'm curious about one thing: if I wanted to be MySQL to take care of the sequence, how should I do (if it's possible, of course)?

Thanks
Riccardino

Postby Jan Aleman » Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:47 pm

You can have mysql handle the sequence, but in the current version not on the primary key. We are doing some major work on making database specif sequence support, this functionality won't make it into 1.1 but in the release after 1.1

To have a sequence handled by the database click on the Value pulldown in the column properties and choose the 'managed by database' option.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs