my random list

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

my random list

Postby david » Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:20 pm

I've been working hard with RC4 this past week and jotting down notes on oddities as I go along. No guarantees if these things are bugs, quirks, or bad assumptions on my part as I don't always test thoroughly. Take my brain dump with a grain of salt :) I'm on OS X:

1) buttons (with images) shift when pressed in developer but not in client. Would like the shift in client as well.
2) control-click or shift-click to select multiple objects is not working in this build.
3) changing font of a tab panel changes the tab font in designer but has no effect in client. Using HTML for the tab does have an effect but not completely predictable since font size is not in points.
4) alignment HTML for tab label doesn't work in client.
5) alignment HTML doesn't work for labels.
6) when creating a new form based on a style, I would like parts and dimensions of all parts to match that of the style.
7) I would like the size of all elements in the style to be the default element size when placed, currently this works for labels and fields.
8) a border panel is considered to be the same object as a rectangle when defining a style so you can't have a definition for both of them.
9) is there a way to resize multiple selected elements by dragging?
10) there is no such thing as a "none" anchor for a tab panel. None = all. I would like "none" to center the tab panel on the screen and keep it the same size. Similarly, if just "north" is selected, I'd like the object to be at the top and centered horizontaly (not stretched as in "east" and "west" selected), etc.
11) empty border for a rectangle is not empty.
12) tabs on tab panels have a shorter y axis in client than developer.
13) can you have two data providers going to the same database? Either that or an easy way to add a new database to the local firebird installation from within Servoy or an included product. I got caught for serveral days on the road disconnected and I couldn't figure out how to command line firebird. Now I have to change the data provider on all my newly created forms from "example_data" to my production provider.
14) there is no property for line size so you can only resize by dragging.
15) when you resize a line it often gets the jaggies -- no way to straighten it out except to delete and create a new line.

Back to my zone....

- david
david

Postby Jan Aleman » Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:41 pm

1) Works fine here (OS X 10.2.6, latest and greatest), can you email a small solution that shows the problem to: support@servoy.com
2) it's command-click on mac (just like in the finder)
3) fixed in rc5
4) allignement on tab doesnt work
5) did you use the label allign property? the one in the html are only works in multiline fields
6, 7, 8 ) we are working on more advanced styles to support this
9) currently not, only by using the keys
10) kind of tricky, centre based on what? window size? form size? how about if you have multiple elements set to none?
11)set linewidth to 0
12)NOTE: OS X only. In developer we use a vm option to use smaller tabs. We will probably turn this of in future versions as you can't configure it through webstart for client. Meanwhile you can open the resource of the Servoy.app locate info.plist and change the Java property for com.appl.smallTabs to false.
13) Yes, you can have multiple server definitions pointing to the same db server. I recommend creating a separate firebird database for each product though for maximum flexibility. To get an extra database all you need to do is make a copy of EMPTY.GDB and name it whatever you want.
14) we've added that to the todolist.
15) if you use a grid it is fairly easy to make straight lines
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs