display bug?

Discuss all problems you have with Servoy here. It might help to mention the Servoy version and Operating System version you are using

display bug?

Postby patrick » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:11 pm

Hello, I have this little problem: I allow my users to define "free fields". Free fields are text fields, that either have a value list to it or not. The value list can be "either/or" (drop down menu) or allowing several values (check boxes).

For the display of the free fields attached to a record I am using one form which has the one field three times on it. Once as a simple text field, once as a checkbox and once as a combobox. Depending on the field type that is chosen, two of the three fields are set invisible. As a result you always see the field in the way it is thought to be used. That works fine. The method that set fields visible/invisble is also called onRecordSelection.

Now comes the problem: when browsing through the records and the check box field is made visible, the checks are not set right (sometimes no value is checked, sometimes only one and rarely all the values).

I hope I made myself understood :D
patrick

Postby jcompagner » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:11 pm

Can you test this with the latest build (1.2RC2)
And if you have still the same problem can you send me a sample solution where it happens?
jcompagner

Postby patrick » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:07 pm

I think with the latest build, things got worse... Now it seems that the checks are never set. Maybe I am using the wrong properties for the checkbox area? I have enclosed a screenshot that demonstrates what I am trying to do. You see 3 fields that all have the same data provider. Depending on the field chosen, 2 of them will disappear so the end user will only see one field (either a text entry, a popup or a checkbox). In my solution the fields all have the same position, but I guess that doesn't matter.

In the example you already see the problem: although 2 values are chosen, no check is set.
Attachments
Checkbox.jpg
Checkbox.jpg (13.51 KiB) Viewed 3051 times
patrick

Postby jcompagner » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:51 pm

Can you make the combo non editable and the text entry field a text area and then test it again.

And what do you see in the text area?

Are the selected entry's below or besides each other?
It should be below

(it can happen that when you select with the combo a other value that the checks that ar selected stays selected, that is a small bug i fixed)
jcompagner

Postby patrick » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:33 pm

well, what bothers me is not the text area and not the combo box. the problem seems to be the check box. you can see in the text area 2 values that are not marked in the check box. (I don't blame you for the display in the combox box since actually two values are in the field...)
patrick

Postby jcompagner » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:38 pm

yes i know that
But if there a spaces between the 2 values it wil not work..
there must be \n (linefeed) between those 2. And the only way to keep \n and to display \n is to make the combo not editable and the text entry a textarea.
jcompagner

Postby patrick » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:48 am

Oops, sorry to keep you waiting until I finally try what you were asking for. Now I got your problem...

Yes, making the Combo box not editable solves the problem at first sight. Now it seems to work. I will test with my solution later and tell you how it looks there.
patrick

Return to Discuss possible Issues and Bugs