Opera 8.5 browser not showing buttons...

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

Opera 8.5 browser not showing buttons...

Postby davidaarong » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:42 am

Opera 8.5 browser not showing buttons or allowing clickable links.

I have an Intermec CN3 handheld with Windows Mobile 5.0 (OS 5.1.478) running on it. I have a webclient solution which shows up fine, except it does not show any of the buttons which are on the form, it only shows the text of the button ("Submit"). Also, I have methods attached to labels which are not firing off as well. Dropdowns, text fields, comboboxes all render just fine, except buttons and launching methods. So that leaves me with just a static webpage, not exactly what I had in mind.

Anyone have any ideas?

Servoy Server is 3.5-10 build 524.

Thank you,
David
davidaarong

Re: Opera 8.5 browser not showing buttons...

Postby lvostinar » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:28 pm

Opera 8.5 is quite old, can't you update to opera 10 ? Which is the html code for such a button or link (that does not work)?
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby davidaarong » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:25 am

I was able to update to Opera 9.5 Beta for Windows Mobile 5, however I'm having a hard time getting the right width set correctly on the handhelds. It's either way too small or way too big. There is a zoom function, but it doesn't stick so I can only assume users will have a hard time with this.

Anyone else out there using Servoy Webclient on a handheld with Windows Mobile 5? If so, what browser are you using?

-David
davidaarong

Postby davidaarong » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:52 am

ok, I now have Opera Web Browser 10 Mobile installed on the handheld, which is a vast improvement over 9.5. However, I need to find a way to auto zoom the webpage, so users don't have to do this themselves. According to the developer page on Opera, all you have to do is include a viewport meta tag in the head section of the page like so:
Code: Select all
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />

does anyone know how i would add such a tag in a Servoy Web Client?
davidaarong

Postby davidaarong » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:05 am

figured it out.

1. Create a Global [ globals.gHTML]
2. Place the global on the form 1px x 1 px and set it as a HTML_AREA
3. Create a method and attach it to the onLoad of the from to fill the globals.gHTML

Method code:

Code: Select all
globals.gHTML = '<html><head></head></html><meta name="viewport" content="width=320; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;"/>'
davidaarong

Return to Web Development