Print file in web Client

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

Print file in web Client

Postby andres_achiary » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Hi all!

i'm having some trobule to find a way to print a file that is in the server in the web client machine. The file is a regular txt file and i don't want to open and show it to the client, just print it in his printer. Is there a way to do this? i can't find it.

thank you in advanced

Andres
andres_achiary

Re: Print file in web Client

Postby jcarlos » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:10 am

How can the client recognize the file and its resources (as a printer) and know what to print if you don't open that file either as a .TXT or .PDF?

I don't think this is possible but I might be entirely wrong. I am adding this note because I would like to be notified if somebody has a solution for your precise problem.
jcarlos

Postby andres_achiary » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:15 pm

hi, carlos, thanks for your response, i have the same doubts as you do, i don't think it is possible doing this without opening the file first, but it was a requirement of a client and i needed to ask if someone in this forun had done it, but it seems nobody did.

I'll have to use file streaming i guess.

Thank you

Andres
andres_achiary

Postby jcarlos » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:30 pm

What if you open the file but hide it somehow from the user? Still, don't know how you could solve this. Try to figure out a way around if your client is determined to get this done.
jcarlos

Return to Web Development