Manually placing cursor in form

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

Manually placing cursor in form

Postby Gary R. Schaecher » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:01 pm

I noticed that we can't place a cursor into a field in any browser just by clicking into the field. I did find that if I right-mouse click into a field then I can place a cursor into the field. Is the standard way of manually placing a cursor into a field?

Another question, we have many popup forms that come up using showFormInDialog, the cursor when I go to select a row in a table view is always an I-beam rather than an arrow. Is this a restriction of browsers or a Servoy issue?

Thanks

Gary R. Schaecher
TMA
Gary R. Schaecher
TMA Systems, LLC
www.tmasystems.com
Gary R. Schaecher

Re: Manually placing cursor in form

Postby Andrei Costescu » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:21 am

Is it an editable, enabled and not read-only text field? Do you have any javascript focus gain/lost events executing when you click on that field?
What kind of popup? (modal/non-modal) If your mouse is hovering above a text-field in web-client table view, then the mouse will be shown as an I-beam by the browser, yes.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby Gary R. Schaecher » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:28 pm

All fields are editable, form open, we click an Add or Edit button to make all fields enterable. The I-beam cursor appears in the first field. It is impossible to move the field to another by clicking on the next field. You can right-mouse click to put the cursor there. If there is text in the first field and you try to select the text by swiping it, you end up moving a frame the same size of the field. It is as if the onDrag event is turned on and as a result you can't click into fields.

If we remove the two events onDragOver and onDrop from the form, then all these issues go away. We even create two blank functions for onDragOver and onDrop and they show the same problem. So it is not any code we might have in our onDrop event. The problem occurs in ALL browsers.

We don't even use onDragOver or onDrop in the webClient, but only in the SmartClient to drag data from a dialog opened with showFormInDialog. Wish there was a preference to turn off ALl drag and drop events for the webClient because if we add them to SmartClient they break all forms in the webClient.

Raw HTML source with CSS and Javascript dump sent to Johan today.

Oh well at least 1/2 of Servoy works today! :(

Gary

Gary R. Schaecher
Gary R. Schaecher
TMA Systems, LLC
www.tmasystems.com
Gary R. Schaecher

Postby Gabi Boros » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:53 am

hi Gary,

you could disable the drag in the webclient,
by returning DRAGNDROP.NONE in the onDrag method