iPhone Webapp / Servoy / Scroll

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

iPhone Webapp / Servoy / Scroll

Postby Gordon » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi

I have been having a look a both the Servoy iPhone Builder and a home grown web application using the iPhone. In both cases for some reason it seems Servoy/or the iPhone + Servoy will not allow the screen to scroll. I have done a number of sample pages with varying lengths, scrolling on and off, with/without tab panels and used the excellent iPhone builder created by Bob C - in all cases the interface will now allow more than a single screen.

In the case of the Servoy iPhone builder if you add more than 10 records to the demo they drop off the bottom of the screen and can not be accessed.

Despite my best attepts it does not seem possible to hide the Safari address bar as show in some demos OR the footer !

The header I am using has this inserted as per Harjo's example

var vHeader = "<html>"
vHeader += "<meta name='viewport' content='width=320; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;'/>"
vHeader += "<meta name='apple-mobile-web-app-capable' content='yes' />"
vHeader += "<meta name='apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style' content='black' />"
vHeader += "</html>";

globals.iPhone_header = vHeader

This a) works and b) reflects the information available from Apple, however it does not seem to affect the scrolling or imply it stops the scrolling

SO any ideas I would be very keen to receive as I have several hundred records and scrolling at some level is essential.

Cheers
Gordon
Gordon McLean
Click Digital Media Ltd
SAN Developer
www.clickdigital.com
Gordon

Re: iPhone Webapp / Servoy / Scroll

Postby Harjo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi gordon,

what do you mean exactly by not scrolling?
can you make some screenshots?

I have never seen this.... btw, and code is still working for me, on all iphones androids whatever...
incase of hiding the statusbar, you first have to make a shortcut of the webapp on the desktop
only after that, the webapp will be fullscreen
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby Gordon » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi Harjo

See the attached image - you will notice that the last item in the list is cut in half - the screen as a whole has moved and there are no scroll bars showing

Dragged.jpg
Dragged.jpg (32.03 KiB) Viewed 4429 times

If you look at a "normal" web page this does not happen, as soon as the site get too long the scroll bars appear and you can adjust the page

Cheers
Gordon
Gordon McLean
Click Digital Media Ltd
SAN Developer
www.clickdigital.com
Gordon

Postby Gordon » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi Harjo

Do any of your apps have public facing examples. The Servoy demo is not working for some reason ie it throws an error on loading. What would be good would be to see IF your demo also presents the same issues

Also this may be because I was using the developer to test the feature, but when I tried to create a shortcut the session was retained and hence could not be reloaded without throwing an error -I will upload it to a server and test it live to see if I can create a shortcut and hence get full screen.

BTW I have no doubt the process works and your header particularly functions - this issue I have is my own interpretation !! :)

Cheers
Gordon
Gordon McLean
Click Digital Media Ltd
SAN Developer
www.clickdigital.com
Gordon

Postby Harjo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:15 pm

I will send you a PM
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby Harjo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:18 pm

just thinking about it,

are you really set the body part to let's say 400??
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
SAN Developer
Harjo

Return to Web Development