Clients hanging on the server after they log out

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

Clients hanging on the server after they log out

Postby erikd » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:11 am

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with clients hanging on the server after they log out and can't figure out what it is or reproduce it in our test environment.
The solution runs in webclient and when a user logs in the list of client on the server page has their IP address appended to their username, like this: TEST@192.168.0.59[192.168.0.59]
When they log out the IP stays there but the username goes away: 192.168.0.59[192.168.0.59]
Eventually, the server complains to be too busy to handle requests of new clients and admins have to clean up.
We are not aware of any major changes in the customer environment and we did not change anything in the solution code, it just started one day suddenly and continues to my frustration.

Any ideas on what's going on?

-Maria
erikd

Re: Clients hanging on the server after they log out

Postby jcompagner » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:03 am

when you logout the client is not cleared (that is only done after the timeout of i think 30 minutes that is set on tomcat)

It seems that you want to shutdown a client when a user logs out. So that the client is really gone. So if you don't expect a user to login again after a logout it is better to call shutdown() instead of logout()
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Web Development