Not able to use streamFilesFromServer in webclient

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

Not able to use streamFilesFromServer in webclient

Postby nestrocuation » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:50 am

Hey ,

I am trying to use file plugins functionality streamfilefromserver in my servoy web client to stream a file from server side to client side .i tried to look at a sample solution for it .But in sample solutions it gets the target location on client side from plugins.file.showDirectorySelectDialog and if i am not wrong plugins.file.showDirectorySelectDialog shows server side file system in servoy web client .
so
is there a way by which i could actually get the path of location of where user wants to save the file in web client :?:
does streamfilefromserver functionality works in web client for streaming data to client side :?:

The only thing i want to do is download a file into client side and just want to know the location where user has downloaded , so that i can watch that file for modification . i used to create temp file and get the location and then write to a temp file in smart client but havent forund a work around for this in web client yet .

Thanks
nestrocuation

Re: Not able to use streamFilesFromServer in webclient

Postby jcompagner » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:20 am

first see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15843#p85335

additional: what you want is impossible, you can't stream a file to the client and then watch it for modifications
you can't access the file, you have no control over where it is getting saved, if you really all need that you have to use the smart client.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby nestrocuation » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks Johan ,

Well that post solved most of my problems . :idea:

if you really all need that you have to use the smart client.

Well i do understand now that in order to get this this thing working using servoy i need a smart client .And i got that part working thanks to the deep-link post in the forum , viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14310#p75573 ., where my web client calls the smart client which then creates the file on the client side and i can watch the changes to that file.But
Is it possible to have smart-client in non-GUI mode :?:

Nirav
nestrocuation

Postby jcompagner » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:35 am

no that is not possible, why not use the smart client then all the way?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby nestrocuation » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:16 pm

Hey Johan ,

Well cause only 10% of my application users would require this editing feature and so in a sense smart client right now for me - and as for what i know Smart Client licenses are expensive . i am already on my way to create an applet that does this feature but just wanted to see if its possible that i can have temporary solution .Thanks For your help .

Nirav
nestrocuation

Return to Web Development