resources is undefined

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

resources is undefined

Postby guerry » Mon May 02, 2011 11:43 pm

Hi,

Our web client application under Servoy 5.2.7 is emitting an error in the Internet Explorer 8 error log window. It reports "resources is undefined". The error appears in the page when "plugins.file.writeFile" is called to download a file.

The only "resources" I'm aware of are the Servoy resources defined in the dev environment and bundled into the solution. Each of our solutions include references to "<project>resources</project>" and that is the only reference I can find to any sort of "resources" object.

Typically, this doesn't seem to have a side effect. However, I have a user who is getting "internal server error" page or "error contacting server" page (waiting on screen shot) when downloading documents. This happens intermittently for him, but when it does, the problem recurs every time he reconnects to the application until he actually logs out and then logs in again. He's also been clearing his cache, so that muddies the debugging waters. I'm digging into his issue, and the "resources is undefined" message is present, so I thought I'd ask.

I have not been able to connect this event with specific server-side log errors.
guerry

Re: resources is undefined

Postby jcompagner » Tue May 03, 2011 9:34 am

if you can reproduce this in a sample, attach that to case.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Web Development