Mobile platforms

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

Mobile platforms

Postby ashutoslenka426 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi All,

I have an application running in smart client . Now I want to develop it for mobile platforms (Ipad , black berry , iphone , android etc ) . Can the Web Client work for these mobile platforms with some modifications?. Actually I have not tested yet . The Web Client version is under construction. Or it requires fresh development ?. Please share some informations on mobile devlopment.

Thanks in advance . Please share some feedback on this.
AL
ashutoslenka426

Re: Mobile platforms

Postby ashutoslenka426 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi All,

I want to create a native application for android and IOS platforms. Can I re design the UI using servoy . Keeping the same business logic of the smart client and web client solution . Then using webservices we can call from appcelerator or phonegap . This way we can communicate with the application server ? .

or Do we need to develop the UI using the objective C ? . Can the features like file ( picture or video ) upload and drag and drop feature will work ?. Can we deploy the application in the app store ?

Thanks in advance . Waiting for your feedback.
AL
ashutoslenka426

Postby ashutoslenka426 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi All,

I want to build a native application for android and IOS . It should be compatible to both of them . Do I need a plugin for it ? .
AL
ashutoslenka426

Postby jasantana » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Best regards,
Juan Antonio Santana Medina
jasantana@nephos-solutions.co.uk
Servoy MVP 2015
Servoy 6.x - Servoy 7.x - Servoy 8.x - MySQL - PostgreSQL - Visual Foxpro 9
jasantana

Postby ashutoslenka426 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi jasantana,

Thanks for your reply . I will look into it more closely . Is there any other alternatives of achieving it . In a webinar video about "Ipad Servoy" , I came to know about native application in ipad . There was some usage of objective C . Can you please give some informations on this ? . In some older posts I came to know about Phonegap or appceleratos . can we achieve same thing using this ? .

Thanks in advance . Waiting for your feedback.
AL
ashutoslenka426

Return to Web Development