Webclient Alive/Idle Since

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

Webclient Alive/Idle Since

Postby Gordon McLean » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:07 am

Hi
I have a number of user connected to a solution all of whom are using webclient. For some reason the webclient does not appear to timeout and the client remain connected all of the time. This is not a bad situation while working but we would like them to log out at the end of their working day. For some reason all clients report the same idle since time as attached and I am wondering if I have overlooked a really obvious Ajax connection or similar.

How can you tell how long a webclient has been idle ?
Is there a preferred way for users to close a session and release the client back to the pool ? as this appears to also be very slow

Many thanks
Gordon

BTW Linux version
Server Information
Servoy version 7.4.1 -releaseNumber 2028
Port used by RMI Registry: 1099
Repository version 44
Current time: Wed Dec 17 08:05:56 UTC 2014
Uptime: 1 day 50 minutes 46 seconds
Gordon McLean
Clickdigital.com
Gordon McLean

Re: Webclient Alive/Idle Since

Postby jcompagner » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:10 pm

as long as the browser is open on the client, the ajax poller will make sure that the client will not timeout.
This is something you just don't want because a user can go on at any time. If you would close a client like that then the users would get a page expired error pages.

I guess your clients should really just close the tab/browser or press a logout button when they are not planning to use it.

Maybe we the user manager plugin (from patrick) you could get more information if you really want to auto close/exit the clients.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Web Development