Date Field Behavior on Different Browsers/OS

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

Date Field Behavior on Different Browsers/OS

Postby kwpsd » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Servoy 7.4.6 Web Client

We have a date field on a form that behaves differently when running on different browsers/OS.

On Windows running IE or FireFox, clicking on the form's date field pops up a calendar. However, on a Mac running Safari, clicking on the date field does nothing (no calendar pop up), however, you can still enter a date using the keyboard.

Is this expected behavior? Or, is there special consideration needed for the Mac/Safari scenario?

Thanks!
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Re: Date Field Behavior on Different Browsers/OS

Postby gganea » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:54 am

Hi Kim,
just tested on the latest OS X and latest Safari this and it should work. Can you reproduce it in a new solution with just that calendar field?
Either way, please create a case with a sample solution so we can have a look.
Thanks you.
George Ganea
Servoy
gganea

Re: Date Field Behavior on Different Browsers/OS

Postby kwpsd » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:18 am

Hi, George.

My apologies for the delay in responding...I have jury duty this week.

This is happening to one of our customers that was using a Mac/Safari set up. We do not have a Mac to test with which is why I posted. I was hoping one of the Mac developers had come across this situation and could offer a simple solution or explanation. I will investigate further with the user and get back to you next week.
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Return to Web Development