browser application

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

browser application

Postby zztop » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:53 pm

I would like to build a simple Web database application. An internet user logs on to my site. inputs a query paramater and the result is displayed. Also an entry form maybe needed where user can modify existing data. I do not want user to download plugins or enable pop-up. All user need is standard browser such as ms explorer or firefox. once again no downloads no plug-ins. Can it be done. Thank you kindly in advance
zztop :?:
zztop

Postby john.allen » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:25 am

Yes very possible with no downloads/no plugins; all available within the browser for the client when using Servoy 3.
Cool thing is that if you have 'power' users who are managing/updating/adding new records 8 hours a day they instead can use the thin client version. This is a download but, as in any browser vs application discussion, there are numerous advantages to using an application. But with Servoy you get a choice either browser-based or thin client: yet the same code for both, run from the same server, deployed at the same time and either can be chosen.
John Allen
Stanford University
john.allen

Postby sbutler » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:08 pm

If it is that simple, you may consider using JSP. For very simple applications, you can use just 1 JSP page, and have Servoy do all of the work. You can see an example at http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=6886 . Keep in mind, that way only uses 1 license, and processes in a queue...one after the other.
Scott Butler
iTech Professionals, Inc.
SAN Partner

Servoy Consulting & Development
Servoy University- Training Videos
Servoy Components- Plugins, Beans, and Web Components
Servoy Guy- Tips & Resources
ServoyForge- Open Source Components
sbutler
Servoy Expert

Return to Web Development