Web Client - Sessions

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

Web Client - Sessions

Postby Gordon » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:23 pm

I am in the process of checking out the web client for a project and have encountered a bit of a problem with sessions.

I want to give the client access to a solution via a web browser which is all OK. The problem is when I tested this with a two client setup server as soon as the app had been opened and the session started with a browser it did not seem to release. The reason for checking this is that their visits will be very quick typically 2-5 mins and then close. I opened it in one browser - sent the form and closed the browser ie QUIT I then did the same in another, by the time I got to the third I had run out of licenses !!

The problem is obvious, but is there a fix ie is there a way to make either the browser or the Servoy app pole the client and close the session after say 10 mins of inactivity, otherwise I can see a huge usage of client licenses for relatively few clients all of whom leave the session open ?

Many thanks in advance...
Gordon McLean
Click Digital Media Ltd
SAN Developer
www.clickdigital.com
Gordon

Postby bcusick » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:04 pm

Hi Gordon,

The default session time is 30 minutes. This is a Tomcat setting, not a Servoy setting.

If you open up servoy\server\conf\web.xml you can change the timeout to whatever time you want.

Look for:

<session-config>
<session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
</session-config>

Hope this helps.
Bob Cusick
bcusick

Return to Web Development