Tomcat

Using Servoy to administrate the content of your website? Discuss all webrelated Servoy topics on this forum!

Tomcat

Postby netweaver » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:47 pm

Is it possible to host JSP web pages in Servoys Tomcat runtime?
If not, then which app server can i use?
What is a good tool for creating and deploying JSP pages?

I want to create a website to view the data stored in a mysql database.
Servoy is used to maintain this database, and the webpages are for my clients customers to access their scanned proof of delivery documents?

Thanks
Marcus
netweaver

Postby IT2Be » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:54 pm

Yes, you can host jsp pages but you will have to figure out what the structure is. Headless client does/is the very same.
But... Why don't you use headless client or even better web client to serve what you want.
Will give you an enormous amount of 'spare' time compared to creating your own pages...
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Web Pages

Postby netweaver » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:12 pm

IT2Be wrote:Yes, you can host jsp pages but you will have to figure out what the structure is. Headless client does/is the very same.
But... Why don't you use headless client or even better web client to serve what you want.
Will give you an enormous amount of 'spare' time compared to creating your own pages...

Hi Marcel
I want to create a website to list customer orders, invoices and scanned proof of delivery documents. That way i can save on licensing as i am providing this as a free service to my servoy client and don't want to pay for client licenses unnescessarily.
Don't get me wrong i do want to use servoy, i am just trying to reduce my costs. Later i will get the CPU license from Servoy or at least the ASP license, but for now i want to minimise costs.
I am going to host my servoy app in South Africa, for performance reasons.

I like the willcom.be website very much and want to create the same look and feel. I will find out from them how they did this.
Thanks
Marcus
netweaver

Return to Web Development